What are we watching now?

Anybody watching The Inside Man or Devil In Ohio? Got through ~one episode of each and just couldn't do it. Devil In Ohio in particular is just so... slow... Getting kind of an afterschool special vibe. Just wondering if either of these are worth the investment. It's a fine line between a "slow starter" and a "whoops".
Devil in Ohio was TERRIBLE. Ugh.

We avoided watching Wednesday for quite some time. In our measurement of time at least. Not sure why; just looked too gothic for my taste? Started it last night and got to say; 2-3 epsiodes in so far it's great. Glad we started it up. Kind of Burton does Harry Potter vibe. Good stuff.

We avoided watching Wednesday for quite some time. In our measurement of time at least. Not sure why; just looked too gothic for my taste? Started it last night and got to say; 2-3 epsiodes in so far it's great. Glad we started it up. Kind of Burton does Harry Potter vibe. Good stuff.
OK, that confirms what my spidey sense was telling me last night: I've probably wasted too much time with Devil In Ohio already. Every scene felt like filler to get you to the next scene. Of filler.

I bet my kid would love Wednesday, but the gore looks a little over the top. Speaking of which, I watched and actually quite enjoyed Bullet Train, once I got over how silly and try-hard and derivative it is. :)

Last edited:
Anybody watching The Inside Man or Devil In Ohio? Got through ~one episode of each and just couldn't do it. Devil In Ohio in particular is just so... slow... Getting kind of an afterschool special vibe. Just wondering if either of these are worth the investment. It's a fine line between a "slow starter" and a "whoops".

Agreed - Devil in Ohio was bad!! The wife and I powered through because we were on vacation and had the time, and wanted to see what happened, but yeah - would not recommend.

OK, that confirms what my spidey sense was telling me last night: I've probably wasted too much time with Devil In Ohio already. Every scene felt like filler to get you to the next scene. Of filler.

I bet my kid would love Wednesday, but the gore looks a little over the top. Speaking of which, I watched and actually quite enjoyed Bullet Train, once I got over how silly and try-hard and formulaic it is. :)
Tough to say on Wednesday. It's pretty teen drama done by Burton-y but in a good way? We are 3 episodes in. There has been some monsters/creature action with some bloodletting. Not sure how old your kid is but covering eyes could be done for the amount of gore on display up to now while still enjoying the rest of it? Bullet Train was awesome. Exactly what I expected it to be :satan

Agreed - Devil in Ohio was bad!! The wife and I powered through because we were on vacation and had the time, and wanted to see what happened, but yeah - would not recommend.
For this "kind of thing"...aka CBS level supernatural series; I liked the show "Evil". One of those with a few seasons, not too dark because there was no way they would ever be able to make it truly brutal or evil (ignoring Hannibal, obviously).

Tough to say on Wednesday. It's pretty teen drama done by Burton-y but in a good way? We are 3 episodes in. There has been some monsters/creature action with some bloodletting. Not sure how old your kid is but covering eyes could be done for the amount of gore on display up to now while still enjoying the rest of it? Bullet Train was awesome. Exactly what I expected it to be :satan
She's 11. Which puts her shy of the age rating, if I'm not mistaken. And we've been (perhaps excessively) careful about her exposure to language, etc., so this one might be a stretch.

She'd never let us cover her eyes LOL.

One of those with a few seasons...
Funny thing is, I specifically chose Devil In Ohio because it was a "Limited Series". One Season, eight episodes, not a big on-going commitment. About 20 minutes in I thought to myself, "This really should have been a 2-hour movie. Tops."

71zzy7X+KyL.jpg

She's 11. Which puts her shy of the age rating, if I'm not mistaken. And we've been (perhaps excessively) careful about her exposure to language, etc., so this one might be a stretch.

She'd never let us cover her eyes LOL.
When the boys were little; we had this funny tag team thing where we'd out of nowhere yell "lalalallalalalalala-wtever" over top of any sort of profane/inappropiate exchange in whatever we were watching at the time. We were good about keeping the content age appropriate but you can only watch so much Barney :rofl

Funny thing is, I specifically chose Devil In Ohio because it was a "Limited Series". One Season, eight episodes, not a big on-going commitment. About 20 minutes in I thought to myself, "This really should have been a 2-hour movie. Tops."
I feel you! I love limited series for this reason as well! I just find you still have to be picky because if the show sucks; it seems even worse because they condensed the garbage down so each helping is densely worse than if they stretched it out over multiple years :bag

71zzy7X+KyL.jpg
I’m with you on the Limited Series. I love them. 6-9 episodes and DONE! Wrapped up.

I see recommendations for older series that I miss, and then find out there’s like 8 or 13 seasons, and I’m like NOPE - I can’t handle that level of commitment right now. LMAO.

I’m with you on the Limited Series. I love them. 6-9 episodes and DONE! Wrapped up.
OK, then. Randomly reminded of how much I loved "The Night Of". 1 Season, 8 episodes. Great story.

On the opposite end of the "heart-rending vs. hilarious" spectrum, "Happy?" is only 2 seasons and will probably leave you wanting more.

OK, then. Randomly reminded of how much I loved "The Night Of". 1 Season, 8 episodes. Great story.

On the opposite end of the "heart-rending vs. hilarious" spectrum, "Happy?" is only 2 seasons and will probably leave you wanting more.
"Happy!" is NUTS. S1 was great. Not sure if we finished S2?

Finished up Wednesday. Last episode was straight up classic Harry Potter classic era stuff. Excellent wrap up.

I'm going to watch "a christmas carol (2009)" the 3d animation, i like that move despite the low score reviews.

Last edited:
Soooo hot:love
I don’t really think she’s “hot” hot… not like a Mila Kunis or something. But she’s got something about her that is just intriguing. I love her super dry / weird sense of humor as a person, and she’s a great actress and plays fun characters…

I don’t really think she’s “hot” hot… not like a Mila Kunis or something. But she’s got something about her that is just intriguing. I love her super dry / weird sense of humor as a person, and she’s a great actress and plays fun characters…
Agreed

It breaks down to about 20% body, 30% personality and 50% wholly shit those eyes

Aubrey Plaza is the kind of starkly honest and no fucks to give gal that would insult
you during coitus and you'd like it.

Back