What are we watching now?

I could chat for hours about that movie!

Greatest flash forward in movie history.

Goes from the ape tossing his new weapon into the air - jumps 2.5 million years into the future - bone cuts to an orbiting nuclear station. One of many threatening the planet and all of humanity.

Man, I should’ve taken up the mandolin before guitar. Andy’s picking technique is insane!

One thing I might allow myself to buy in the near future is a mandolin. I was playing with my buddy's on vacation and really enjoyed it. That and a banjo. Surely I can find all kinds of places in the metal tunes I write to use them appropriately.

One thing I might allow myself to buy in the near future is a mandolin. I was playing with my buddy's on vacation and really enjoyed it. That and a banjo. Surely I can find all kinds of places in the metal tunes I write to use them appropriately.

I went to my Buddy's for a smoke sesh late yesterday and played his Banjo. Fun as hell.

Kind of wild how you can hear both the string and the drum/resonator head changing pitch
as you tune up. What an odd abomination that thing is that somehow has become an icon in
American music.

I went to my Buddy's for a smoke sesh late yesterday and played his Banjo. Fun as hell.

Kind of wild how you can hear both the string and the drum/resonator head changing pitch
as you tune up. What an odd abomination that thing is that somehow has become an icon in
American music.
Banjo is a lot of fun and loud. Long time ago I thought about getting one of those Deering 6-string banjos just to have around. I enjoy a little Bluegrass music every now and then.

My ex bought one and quit after a week. Not surprised. I should have kept it.

Trying to give Rings of Power season 2 a chance.

🤦🏻‍♂️

Forgot how bad this show is. Also forgot it's supposed to be at LEAST 5 seasons, which explains the pace and repetitive dialogue.

I am done with this POS.

Heard it best described as Amazon Fan Fiction. That is perfect.

Can't get those hours back .
I’ve been on the fence. I’ve heard mixed reviews, but I may have to pass on it.

I’ve been on the fence. I’ve heard mixed reviews, but I may have to pass on it.
I tried...

What's worse, we rewatched the first season before season 2.

I couldn't remember a damn thing from the first time I watched it....and I just kept questioning myself, "is this bad?"

I always say, try it out ..it may be for you. Make your own mind up.

But as a Tolkien fan.....um, I am kind of offended.

Watched Trap last night. Latest M. Night flick. Setup is a bit juvenile. On purpose obviously. Josh Hartnett does great and overall; I liked it quite a bit. The last film of his I really enjoyed was Split. Old was ok as was Knock at the Cabin but I will probably never watch those again in my life. This was in between those two I'd say; with Hartnett giving a performance that would make for a rewatch.

On another note; watched both AVPs over the weekend. The first one was a good turd; if there is such a thing. Definitely a "let's rip the Thing" vibe which is always good in my book. AVP Requiem did not fare so well. Probably the darkest movie I have seen in who knows how long. Probably so they could get that crap CGI past me :cop :ROFLMAO:

Started up Homicide: Life on the Streets on Peacock. What a great ensemble cast and just a great show overall if you dig cop procedurals.

I tried the first episode of The Ring Of Power when it was released, and I had to stop it at the troll slaying. The acting was terrible, just fucking awful. Not even trying. It was that modern style where people try to have as little facial muscle movement as possible, letting the dialogue try to hint at any character or emotion. And when the main character jumps around like a video game to kill a beast twenty times her size with almost no effort, I was done. That was insulting and stupid. There were no stakes, no emotional investment in any of it. It was like seeing poorly programmed androids attempt acting directed by someone who draws storyboards for video games.

I felt like the producer wanted really to get into merchandising, but had the annoying task of making a movie-like tv show first. Fuck that.

Trying to give Rings of Power season 2 a chance.

🤦🏻‍♂️

Forgot how bad this show is. Also forgot it's supposed to be at LEAST 5 seasons, which explains the pace and repetitive dialogue.

I am done with this POS.

Heard it best described as Amazon Fan Fiction. That is perfect.

Can't get those hours back .

Haha! I watched an episode of the new season last night. I like it. It's an escape and works for
me in that regard. :idk

Also, good practice for me as an aging man to work on cultivating the skill of not hating everything new. :rofl

Back