What are we watching now?

What I love about that movie is that the villain is played by Mitch Pileggi, the guy who played Mulder and Scully's boss on The X-Files. On The X-Files he's the most lovably awkward straight man, but in Shocker he's just totally bananas. I love seeing actors do completely different types of roles.

He's only got a bit part in this but his character is also pretty psycho.

So a flick came out around the same time "The Horror Show" with a very similar premise. Starring Lance Henrikssen (sp?) and that character actor guy from something else up top with a mustache. I remembered thinking I really liked it back in the day but I did a rewatch here a month or so ago and it was not good. Shocker is still killer though.

Watched Two Guns with Mark Wahlberg and Denzel last night. I sort of remember watching it here when it came out? Throwaway action/crime/comedy that was much better than it should be.

What I love about that movie is that the villain is played by Mitch Pileggi, the guy who played Mulder and Scully's boss on The X-Files. On The X-Files he's the most lovably awkward straight man, but in Shocker he's just totally bananas. I love seeing actors do completely different types of roles.
On Supernatural, he was more of a typical heel. I have to wonder if Shocker was the reason for that.

So a flick came out around the same time "The Horror Show" with a very similar premise. Starring Lance Henrikssen (sp?) and that character actor guy from something else up top with a mustache. I remembered thinking I really liked it back in the day but I did a rewatch here a month or so ago and it was not good. Shocker is still killer though.
The Horror Show is a quasi House sequel, though sometimes it isn't. I think I've seen it once, but do not remember it. I like seeing Kane Roberts as a jacked road worker in Shocker.

I remember something random came on Sci-Fi/SyFy Channel one morning when I was looking for something to watch. It starts and I had never seen it before, so I left it to see what it was. The song starts, Desmond Child starts singing, and I don't recognize his voice. I did have his album (bought it from the dollar store, but maybe listened to it only once because he co-wrote some KISS songs), which had been something I hadn't heard in probably a decade plus. Then I'm like, "Ehh... is that Paul Stanley?" during the verse. The chorus comes in and he's doing his 80s "any higher and the dogs will run into the street and start howling" vocal acrobatics, and sure as shit it is Paul.

Another Paul tune, Sword and Stone, is covered by another band (Bonfire), which is a Crazy Nights era leftover. I believe they released it on the KISS box set in 2004 or so. It is an okay song, but KISS fans think it is great and should've been on the album. I think 7 Paul songs is more than enough, especially when My Way and Reason to Live are schmaltzy as hell.

Last edited:
It's a masterpiece of 80s cheese! So many great scenes!

I hate knowing too much about movies before I see them, so I'm going to avoid watching that clip. I think I've already seen a pivotal scene, so I'll wait until I can let whole cheesy experience wash over me.

Cloudy With A Chance Of Meatballs Eating GIF

Shameless

Love that show, even though I could do without the 'over-the-top' sex shit. It's funny enough I can ignore the ones that make me groan.

But the thing about re-watching it is, I catch jokes that got past me at other times!

3 O'Clock High was great.

One that gets better each time you see it. Lots of humor bits you don't catch the first time.
I watched it once just to focus on all of the KILLER camera work they worked in to enhance a lot of scenes.

Gonna have to check it out again!

I like 3 and Ressurrection :bag

Okaaaay so upon this recent viewing of requiem I take back what I said about both these films being better than those 90s classics. What a downturn from the first AVP which is saying something even on its own :LOL:

Since I can’t find much to watch these days using the AVP films to segue into a predator marathon.

The predator films never grabbed me remotely as much as Alien but looking forward to going at them again in a somewhat short term contiguous fashion

Back