NDSP Quad Cortex

The fix for wifi is hard wiring it?

texas rangers gallo GIF by MLB
Try this one simple trick to get your wireless internet to work

The fix for wifi is hard wiring it?

texas rangers gallo GIF by MLB
No but it offers at least some sort or solution if you are having wifi issues and keep dropping the network
It’s not an elegant solution per se but at least you can use the thing

That said , I don’t recall having issues when I had mine but others have had lots of trouble on the FB

TBH I never had any notable issues with wifi connectivity. I did on a few occasions need to forget and reconnect to my network. The annoyance I had on that front was needing to login to the cloud account almost every time I wanted to browse my cloud favorites. It never seemed to cache or auto connect.

TBH I never had any notable issues with wifi connectivity. I did on a few occasions need to forget and reconnect to my network. The annoyance I had on that front was needing to login to the cloud account almost every time I wanted to browse my cloud favorites. It never seemed to cache or auto connect.

I had issues with both on my QC. But i agree, it forgetting my Cortex Cloud credentials every month was by far the worst.

Noise issues and poor wifi connection come to mind first as hardware issues that could be fixed.
Not sure if these have been fixed in newer unit, or what... but I have zero noise issues (with the power supply - or otherwise) and no Wi-Fi issues either. My router is about 50' or so away and connection is solid.

Not sure if these have been fixed in newer unit, or what... but I have zero noise issues (with the power supply - or otherwise) and no Wi-Fi issues either.

It's still there, as far as i know. The QC has spotty grounding, so noise can end up completely eliminated just by connecting a cable with a proper path to ground.

My QC became 100% noisless as soon as i connected a USB-B cable ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It's still there, as far as i know. The QC has spotty grounding, so noise can end up completely eliminated just by connecting a cable with a proper path to ground.

My QC was 100% noisless as soon as i connected a USB-B cable ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I think the reason provided by NDSP was so it wouldn’t cause ground loops.

It was actually quieter in 4cm because of this, maybe, than my FM9 or Helix?

My QC became 100% noisless as soon as i connected a USB-B cable ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
just sharing my experience. I understand - that the power supply is not grounded. And I do always have it connected USB to my laptop.

What made you get rid of it?

I'm currently rotating 3 tube heads and pretty often am messing with GBMT - and usually first thing in the morning I really dislike the tones I'd settled on the evening before so immediate tweaking is needed. Whichever head I'm using sits on my wire rack with the knobs within easy reach so all of this is as simple as can be.

Not the case with modelers - as easy as the QC was to work with it's still not even close.

I also found I really enjoy looking over and seeing tolex covered enclosures with brand logos on them rather than a metal box that's basically sitting in for the real thing.

Last edited:
Kind of yeah , I mean ultimately it’s going to look something like one of those designs QC is already fairly compact so if NDSP is saying it’s smaller than that well they are going to have to toss footswitches and I/O for sure
They could use 3 encoders like in Whiz example and then just plain tap/ hold switches for preset ^ preset down and hold for tuner

toss footswitches and I/O for sure

When will guitarist switch to 3.5 jacks and cables for instrument level signals?
Guess the obvious answer is not robust enough for gigging, but you could save a bunch of space with 3.5 on so many units.

842b6a9f96Qmk1MO901JB6MAzLvjoXjPzV3zdBZM.wm-lw.jpg

93-002-01_Product_Image_2__40089.1394382784.JPG

When will guitarist switch to 3.5 jacks and cables for instrument level signals?
Guess the obvious answer is not robust enough for gigging, but you could save a bunch of space with 3.5 on so many units.

842b6a9f96Qmk1MO901JB6MAzLvjoXjPzV3zdBZM.wm-lw.jpg

93-002-01_Product_Image_2__40089.1394382784.JPG
Looking at the back of the QC, you could shrink the I/O to just those two rows of four 1/4" jacks. That would leave you:
  1. Input 1
  2. Fx send. Could be a stereo jack for stereo in.
  3. Fx return. Could be a stereo jack for stereo out.
  4. Out 1/L
  5. Out 2/R
  6. Capture out. Can you use this for anything else nowadays? It always bugged me that it was such a specific but rarely useful output on the QC.
  7. Headphones out
  8. Exp 1
Then use 3.5mm for MIDI in/out, or just MIDI over USB/BT. USB-C instead of USB-B.

Back