This might not be the end of me buying rack cases even though I own multiples.

Not sure if this is a problem; just needed to share :rofl

Confused No Idea GIF by Bounce

I’m looking around for something with the Axe too. 3U is awkward starting point.

I’m looking around for something with the Axe too. 3U is awkward starting point.

Mee too.
3u or 4u? :unsure:
The more I think about it; the more I think a single 3u for the III then another small 3u for whatever else so I can make it a bit modular. A 4u with the III and an audio patch bay would be cool though? I can't pull myself away from playing through the damn thing (and updating firmwares and editors) to contemplate the connectivity logistics that would make the most sense :rofl

I'd recommend 4u I think. It's not that much bigger and gives you the chance to expand if you wanted instead of being locked in at 3u and then having to but another rack if you change your mind. I often see a power conditioner in the open slot (or a patch bay)

Modern hardware doesn't need a power conditioner and I don't need a wireless system or cable space. Most power amps are 2U and 6U racks are huge and heavy. For me I think 3U just for the axe fx will be just right.

Modern hardware doesn't need a power conditioner and I don't need a wireless system or cable space. Most power amps are 2U and 6U racks are huge and heavy. For me I think 3U just for the axe fx will be just right.
Yeah this is where I'm leaning currently. Once I let it creep out; it'll balloon up to an 8u before I know it.

Yeah the tendency is not to leave open slots and fill them with useless things like a power conditioner because everybody else does.

Last edited:
Back