NAD! The Sound of South Dakota <3

I think it makes it sound closer to a dual rectifier. Especially if you run crunch mode with the gain high and the bass knob high, then boost it. It would pass for a dual rectifier like this IMO.

Sounds cool, I wasn't exactly aiming for traditional DR tones in getting this but would love to experiment with all it has to offer

I swapped my EVH speakers back into their native cabs and I can't say enough good stuff about them. Paired with the EVH head or the LX; they look and sound GREAT. Highly recommend.

By evh Speaker do you mean the H30s that come in the EVH cab or the 20 watt specifically named EVH speakers?

I’m loving this new open-back 19” 1x12 so much with the VII, I’m actually thinking of getting a second one to put beside it and angle both up at me at gigs, same as I do with my Recto 2x12. Except this would allow me to skip the taking off the back wheels part and just prop something under the front of these, if that makes sense.

The lightness of the single 1x12s is hard to resist.

Yeah the notion of just combining my thiele and widebody at gigs sounds pretty compelling too

Realistically I should probably just get new speakers for my madison 2x12, dump that at my drummers house to leave there so that I'm not finding myself in situations like right now wishing I had my thiele with lol.

I’m loving this new open-back 19” 1x12 so much with the VII, I’m actually thinking of getting a second one to put beside it and angle both up at me at gigs, same as I do with my Recto 2x12. Except this would allow me to skip the taking off the back wheels part and just prop something under the front of these, if that makes sense.

The lightness of the single 1x12s is hard to resist.

I use dual wet/dry 1x12s at home and at our rehearsal space. I like the dispersion I get
by having them separated and angled. :idk

Sounds cool, I wasn't exactly aiming for traditional DR tones in getting this but would love to experiment with all it has to offer

By evh Speaker do you mean the H30s that come in the EVH cab or the 20 watt specifically named EVH speakers?

Yeah the notion of just combining my thiele and widebody at gigs sounds pretty compelling too

Realistically I should probably just get new speakers for my madison 2x12, dump that at my drummers house to leave there so that I'm not finding myself in situations like right now wishing I had my thiele with lol.
The 30 watt speakers that come stock in the 112 cabs. I've broken them in by now :satan

I've broken them in by now :satan

season 2 beating GIF

Kind of at a loss with the cab clone. Maybe user error but it’s seeming buggy as hell or at best needlessly complicated :idk

Tried again replaced all the IRs with ownhammer ones, 48khz, identical files in corresponding positions for both channels.. go back I’m getting raw signal with no IR applied in every position (which as per the manual shouldn’t even be possible) plug back in and double check my IRs, pop one of the stock ones back in one of the positions tk test, eject and restart. Suddenly I’m getting one of the IRs I loaded in the first spot, but silence in every other one ( including the position I reloaded the stock IR into) go back replace the stock one again and trying again I’m back to completely raw signal again

Kind of over messing with the cab clone anymore today. I’ve entered an era of being kind of over IRs/direct anyway lol

Kind of at a loss with the cab clone. Maybe user error but it’s seeming buggy as hell or at best needlessly complicated :idk

Tried again replaced all the IRs with ownhammer ones, 48khz, identical files in corresponding positions for both channels.. go back I’m getting raw signal with no IR applied in every position (which as per the manual shouldn’t even be possible) plug back in and double check my IRs, pop one of the stock ones back in one of the positions tk test, eject and restart. Suddenly I’m getting one of the IRs I loaded in the first spot, but silence in every other one ( including the position I reloaded the stock IR into) go back replace the stock one again and trying again I’m back to completely raw signal again

Kind of over messing with the cab clone anymore today. I’ve entered an era of being kind of over IRs/direct anyway lol

Pretty sure @JiveTurkey had issues with the IRs too, and it ended up needing repair or something?

I just plan on using the stock ones on the VII. I don't care enough and it's just for a bit of reinforcement in the mains, anyway. As long as it sounds as good as the Friedman Mic No Mo...

Man I hope it’s not a matter of repair lol

I don’t really care that much about the cab clone features, but convenient to skip a step with my captor on the rare occasions I’m trying to record something direct or just play into headphones late at night

I’ve also legitimately kind of soured on IRs recently too… probably just an ear
/mood thing but I blah… was running the badlander into the captor into my daw just now and wasn’t vibing with IRs at all anyway. Sounds Better with the master turned way down both in the room and - I don’t have a guitar mic here at the moment but I was just plopping a vocal mic on top of a box at the cab to do some daw tests and thought that sounded better than any of my IRs also :ROFLMAO:

Back