This might not be the end of me buying rack cases even though I own multiples.

JT

Goatlord
TGF Recording Artist
Trying to decide if I want a rack for the III. I need one for gigging. The SKB I have it a hair too wide for the 112 cabs I have and just too bulky. I want something without front and back lids too I think.

If I get a 3 space; then I will have a batch of cables to connect each time when I do gig it. If I get the 6 space so I can put the GM800 and powersupply/strip in there; then it's going to be too big for the desk.

Not sure if this is a problem; just needed to share :rofl

Trying to decide if I want a rack for the III. I need one for gigging. The SKB I have it a hair too wide for the 112 cabs I have and just too bulky. I want something without front and back lids too I think.

If I get a 3 space; then I will have a batch of cables to connect each time when I do gig it. If I get the 6 space so I can put the GM800 and powersupply/strip in there; then it's going to be too big for the desk.

One of each for gigging, and for home use.

Season 6 Knowledge GIF by Friends

I bought the shallow 3U SKB when I got the III. It's super light, but I didn't love the way it looked on my oversized 1x12, so once I got the LXII I ordered a 4U from NYC Cases in matching tolex. It's obviously heavier than the SKB, but I dig it. There's no perfect case for every occasion, which is why I have a collection of rack cases (and other assorted gear) in my attic.

Com on now, you dont need a rack to gig the III. You just need an FM9.

If you build a panel to connect everything at the front, like I did with the Axe-FX II, you don't need to put it on the desk, you can leave it on the floor

Axe-FX floor.jpg

On the topic at hand; I'll probably just put the III and GM in a case, then a single 112 on too with whatever head at the time on top of that. Provided the 112 feels stable on the rack.

Back