Anybody done buying gear off the internet?

I reached that point a few months ago.
I already had stuff on order that came through
but nothin’ current.
It’s like you either get sketchy service or ripped off from the talented builders or get mediocre amps delivered tomorrow which more then likely are returned and used or dinged up somewhere.
Sweetwater MASTERED this like fine art.
(those sales engineers are laughing their tails off)

Must be nice, to be able to turn your waste into serious profit.
Like those gross dispensaries microwaving the cannabis that quickly turns shwagg’s.. into fire.
A restaurant’s #1 loss is waste.
Imagine if they could resell you a used
NY strip at full price💯.

I don’t know what industries y’all work in,
I have 3 businesses and while we’re going strong,
it’s a bitch to remain profitable.
(It’s always been, I get it, but after Corona it’s a whole new atmosphere).
I just can’t believe the ripping off customers or failing to deliver some of these talented builders get away with..
-Audacity gone wild.
(Not all of them, I get it, all these pukes need to take after Wizard Rick for biz practices🎯

The shell trick…so over it.
I know I’m rifling the rant.
I also suggest NEVER using Paypal FF for purchases any longer.
-you end up painted in the corner if you want your money back.

No good deed goes unpunished.

Living as remotely as I do in a rural area without access to most things that bring me
joy and comfort in life---or simply sustain me---means I have little to no choice in
purchasing many items online.

IO do get my Eggs and Chickens local, and can also source quality Wood. Hello, Forest,
my old friend. :beer

Guitars? Yes. After the Charvel San Dimas Fret Sprout Dud Edition™, if I can’t put my hands on it before buying, it ain’t happening. I’m done with blind guitar purchases. Luckily I was able to part that one out and make all of my money back and then some.

New gear? From a reputable dealer such as Sweetwater, absolutely. Used gear will always be through Reverb in case it’s DOA, has hidden damage from shipping, etc.

Anybody done buying gear off the internet?

John Candy No GIF by Laff

I have one more thing that I know I will be buying when it hits the market. I have nothing in the sights after that. I am actually going to sell some stuff off this year and consolidate.

I know, just one more thing... :)

A local purchase is always preferrable, but I order stuff online

I don't sell online at all anymore though, and haven't for years. Local sales only

I live in Australia, and not in Sydney or Melbourne, so the only way to get some things is Mail Order… sorry, the Internet these days.

Internet and modern delivery… is a vast improvement on what was. Not perfect, but relatively better. I do buy guitars and amps locally, so have a limited selection.

My next purchase WILL be the Kemper Player. I have the toaster, but I hate dragging that thing everywhere. Carried into a gig at a bar past year, waitress asked if I brought me own weird air fryer!

Last edited:
Will prolly never sell any musical gear on teh Internets again.

Buy ?

Yeah. Sure will.

I'll definitely buy off the internet.

Hell, I love that they post their entire inventory, so I can watch what I'm interested in, and be able to see how long they have stuff that's not selling!

I'm watching a few things like a hawk! 4 stores.

Things are gonna get real interesting when EBMM starts shipping their summer guitars, and the ones they have from last year are still sitting!

We're having to come up with so much cash to break our lease and get the new place that I'm done buying and instead will be going on a selling binge for a while.

Otherwise, got no problem buying online.

In general I’ve slowed gear purchasing across all fronts in favor of getting my favorite amps & guitars in for cap jobs, fret jobs, etc.

The few purchases I have made were either local or absolutely stupid deals on gear I’d been keeping an eye out for over a period of years.

Back