The "Going To An Audition" Thread

la szum

Goatlord
Thought an audition thread might be fun. Mostly because I have one tomorrow night. :LOL:

Just when I thought I was gone and retired. :facepalm

I was a little excited because the other guitarist's name is "Dave," and he has a warehouse we can jam in, and
he has been super responsive to text messages. This one put me over the top last yesterday, and that is when I
committed to going to try out and see if I can fill the slot for their departed lead guitarist.

Screenshot_20230606-154414_Messages~2.jpg

Thought an audition thread might be fun. Mostly because I have one tomorrow night. :LOL:

Just when I thought I was gone and retired. :facepalm

I was a little excited because the other guitarist's name is "Dave," and he has a warehouse we can jam in, and
he has been super responsive to text messages. This one put me over the top last yesterday, and that is when I
committed to going to try out and see if I can fill the slot for their departed lead guitarist.

View attachment 7915
Right on! Good Luck, but it doesnt sound like you need it:beer

Cant wait until I'm good enough to audition one day. The last gigging I did, I was butchering Jimmy Buffet songs 15 years ago in front of a bunch of drunk people at a local tiki bar and someone that played worse than me asked if he could bring his guitar next time, so we started playing together and getting hired...

I was more expecting the Line 6 Spyder, Crate GTX, Marshall MG, or some other such turdilicious
amp in response to my question about "What amps and cabs?" :wat

There is still hope for humanity. Not much, but there is a glimmer of light peering in across the
silent stages of the world. :beer

Hell yeah! GL and let us know how it goes! Sounds like it's already on a great track :cool:

In a world where the majourity of people, supposedly, don't use or play loud amps live anymore
when making music, I have discovered an outlier. Oasis here I come!!! :love

At risk of getting myself banned, cuz, ya know this is a digital/modelling forum....

That's total nonsense :rofl

I can only speak anecdotally of course but IME modellers are the outlier, and AFAIK "silent stages" aren't a thing that even actually exist outside of maybe churches?

I was more expecting the Line 6 Spyder, Crate GTX, Marshall MG, or some other such turdilicious
amp in response to my question about "What amps and cabs?" :wat

There is still hope for humanity. Not much, but there is a glimmer of light peering in across the
silent stages of the world. :beer
You don’t strike me as the low rent type to play bottom of the barrel type gear 🍻
Be yourself and you’ll be fine…
Lets Go Mma GIF by UFC

have fun!!!

I think my worst audition story is me and my buddy going out to meet this drummer. it was way out in the country and right when we got there i was guessing they were meth heads. dude comes out, seems nice enough, says his drums are in the barn out back. so we start walking. its quite a ways and then we get to an electric fence that we have to go under. im thinking how is my 4x12 getting under or over this? its still a ways after that. we finally get to the barn and his "music room" sectioned off inside the barn is tiny. there was a hideous dusty old couch in there and his drums and thats basically all you could fit. def no room for our rigs and it was filthy. his drums were trash.

looked at my buddy he was like big time nope. the whole way back to my car i was thinking i was going to get chloroformed at any second or my car would be emptied when we got back. but we made it out alive and laughed about it the entire way home. we really screened people a lot more after that. was super dumb on our part.

Back