Step 1
Analyze
Compare
Research
Procrastination

Step 2
Thoughtless impulse purchase
I Know Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

I do my best to be a man of my word, so I’ll refrain from commenting that I’m done!!! Too much stuff keeps coming out and if it interests me, why the hell not??? You only live once.
:whistle

I don't want more GUITAR gear. I window shop a lot but unless I come across a screaming deal on something really cool I don't need anything else except I would also buy a nice luthier made classical if I had the money.

What I have been doing is expanding to other instruments. I bought a digital piano a few months ago to get keyboard chops and very recently acquired an alto and tenor sax which I played for most of my childhood.

This is all driven by having reached what I consider a plateau of my guitar playing. I still practice and learn things but I'd rather spend some of my time learning keys and sax. There are a million guitarists, a vast majority are better players than I'll ever be. A decent guitarist who also plays keys & sax? That's a much smaller demographic.

I don't want more GUITAR gear. I window shop a lot but unless I come across a screaming deal on something really cool I don't need anything else except I would also buy a nice luthier made classical if I had the money.

What I have been doing is expanding to other instruments. I bought a digital piano a few months ago to get keyboard chops and very recently acquired an alto and tenor sax which I played for most of my childhood.

This is all driven by having reached what I consider a plateau of my guitar playing. I still practice and learn things but I'd rather spend some of my time learning keys and sax. There are a million guitarists, a vast majority are better players than I'll ever be. A decent guitarist who also plays keys & sax? That's a much smaller demographic.

Nice! The more tools in our toolbag that we can use somewhat skillfully the better. :beer

Singing some harmonies or lead, playing percussion or keys, and maybe some Brass or Harmonica is always
going to add more value to a group than a one-trick pony.

This year I've bought a tube amp, 2x12 cab, pedal kit, tools for building the pedal kit, tubes, parts for making a pedalboard incl cables, connectors and jack plates, MIDI controller, MIDI relay box, pedal power, dual lock and assorted hardware, and a dual OD pedal. There's still room on this DIY board and I don't have a gig in sight. My bank account hurts and I need to lay low for a while.

I've been selling stuff for months now on one of the forums and finally sold all of the things I didn't need off. Nice to have some $$$ for it all now.

Step 1
Analyze
Compare
Research
Procrastination

Step 2
Thoughtless impulse purchase

Shouldn’t the first part of Step 1 be moved to the third part? The resulting acronym is usually what I say to myself right before executing Step 2.

I've learned never to speak these sorceress words, for when I do, GAS magically ignites

Yeah I think this is a reverse psychology thread aimed at getting me back off the sidelines. :ROFLMAO:

I do my best to be a man of my word, so I’ll refrain from commenting that I’m done!!! Too much stuff keeps coming out and if it interests me, why the hell not??? You only live once.
:whistle

Yeah, I’m not naive enough to ever think I’m “done”, I just haven’t been able to find the motivation/interest to cycle in any new gear of late.

I just bought a Stomp XL, so that should keep me on the sidelines for a while. I'm telling myself that my gear level is a lot higher than my playing level, so hopefully that will work...

I just bought a Stomp XL, so that should keep me on the sidelines for a while. I'm telling myself that my gear level is a lot higher than my playing level, so hopefully that will work...

I’ve never let playing level dissuade me :ROFLMAO:

I almost hit buy on one of those surely overpriced Fender Classic 5-guitar racks yesterday, which was about the time I told myself I’m bored and need to put my phone down. lol

I need Cliff to drop the FM Turbo Touch 2000 or something.

I've come to the realization I may never stop buying gear. What and how frequently are the bigger questions.:rofl

Back