The I don’t want to buy any more gear thread

Stuff just keeps showing up for review from NAMM. I’ll be buying s**t until the day I die. I’m 3 compressors and 3 mics heavy since April.

I’m always happy to help you lighten the load a bit and help you out, Bruce…

job truck GIF

I am on a self-imposed gear embargo. I gotta pay down some things, and move some guitars that I don’t really play these days.

Also gotta get out of a Gremlin layaway, as you goofs have me hankering for a modeler again 🙄.

I don't GAS for any Guitar amps, or pedals, I'm all in with my FM9
I am GAS'ing for that Solar axe and maybe a few cables but thats it for now
:idk

Tidy place; tidy mind.

I can't think straight or relax properly with crap everywhere. Especially wires!

100%

My cabling despite being hidden under the table still drives my anxiety up. lol

Stuff just keeps showing up for review from NAMM. I’ll be buying s**t until the day I die. I’m 3 compressors and 3 mics heavy since April.

I took up your rec for the VSX’s and they landed today. Looking forward to using them on the next mix.

100%

My cabling despite being hidden under the table still drives my anxiety up. lol

I took up your rec for the VSX’s and they landed today. Looking forward to using them on the next mix.
Let me know what you think of them.

For the first time in my life I was laid off in mid April. I’m in tech (software engineering) and was knowingly operating in a high risk startup that relied heavily on the big tech giants who started shedding any non essential personnel and services once money was no longer free. My team created and maintained one of those non essential services. Them are the breaks, as they say.

It wasn’t a huge shock, and I parachuted out with enough severance for a grown up summer vacation filled with travel and relaxation with my lovely wife and friends.

I did turn off the monthly gear fund infusions though, which is honestly fine. I don’t flip gear to experiment…I chase specific pieces, pedals, amps, and guitars that create specific tone recipes I love, and I added a lot of amazing gear this year.

Now I’m living vicariously through you jokers so you all better keep spending. I’m just starting to poke around at some engineering/leadership jobs again, so maybe I’ll be back on the horse in a bit.

Last edited:
I went on a spending spree the last week or so, all totally unnecessary things. Honestly it's mostly because my wife keeps spending way too much money and I thought well why should she have all the fun. At least I can sell my stuff if I need to.

Really need to purge out a lot of things because the more crap I have, the more distracted I am from learning, writing, and recording. Need to get rid of that collectors mentality.

Until I have the desire to pick up an instrument regularly again I’m not buying anything. I’ve been going straight weeks without touching a guitar, then I’ll have a night I play all night. This has happened a few times over the years, I don’t get too concerned about it as something will inevitably spark back up again.

If I get anything it’ll be some in-ears for the cover band but they certainly aren’t a necessity.

Back