So.....

Seriously though, @Stone you seem like a cool dude, and it's nice to know there's at least one other player here who's invested in becoming a better player. (NOT saying no one else is; Him and @Lopp are the only 2 I'm aware of that are actively doing so.)

So triggered by that post. :hmm

I am actively invested in becoming a worse player. One day at a time! :LOL:

Don't worry, @DrewJD82 idea of a challenge (not sure if the frequency) will whip us all into shape!

Hopefully!

I’m going to do some initial legwork on that today, just getting ideas of what people want to start off with and how we can maybe split it into a weekly/bi-weekly thing and which day we want to start it on.

TURBO would be appropriate!!

Boogaloo Shrimp Breakin GIF
Turbo!

My experience and hot take on this thread…. Before the Kemper and Helix, TGP was all about Fractal and if you said anything remotely negative your shit was jumped by fanboys without cause you were called a “Tube Snob”, “you don’t know how to dial it in”, and the new firmware was always a “game changer” following the “more realer” memes were used for great comedy. Then came the Kemper and Helix and a different battle ensued.. lots of butthurt was had on both sides on what modeler was able to ape tube goodness better… wash rinse repeat. A lot of Fractal fans and some Helix fans seem to have retreated here and I’m still a tube snob.

Last edited:
Yeah me too! And the one girl would roll her “r’s” when she said his name. Man I watched that movie so many times and it was just plain terrible but for some reason I could watch over and over. Loved the cool break dancing.

Yes x100. I was really into rap back then, and “wished” I could breakdance, lol. I remember my mom taking me and my friend to the movie theater to watch Breakin’ LOL. Like you said - a pretty terrible movie, but such a vibe with breakin’, poppin’, and lockin’ - I couldn’t get enough!

Yes x100. I was really into rap back then, and “wished” I could breakdance, lol. I remember my mom taking me and my friend to the movie theater to watch Breakin’ LOL. Like you said - a pretty terrible movie, but such a vibe with breakin’, poppin’, and lockin’ - I couldn’t get enough!
You should have seen me trying to do the windmill. Looked like a person who hadn’t learned to walk and was wallowing all over the floor. :rofl

russian dancing GIF

If the Dark Side wants the world plagued with the scourge of vague and unspecific thread titles then... yes; you have crossed over to the Dark Side.

What a great thread, and I almost completely missed it because of the title… :grin

Won't help now if you've already overwritten the new factory ones. You'll have to do factory reset first.

Meh, I'm not even using the modeling right now anyway, I don't think a factory preset is going to change that.

God, no. Just uncheck factory presets when doing restore from backup and new factory presets stay untouched.
This is what I do, and whilst it is very easy to do, I think the situation could be improved by:

1. Having the factory and template banks automatically unchecked on a restore - make it so that you need to positively confirm that you want to overwrite "stock" presets.

2. Include the factory banks within HX Edit, and have a specific menu option to "reload" factory banks.

The HX Stomp is a different proposition though, since it only has a single bank of presets.

Back