Pedals !!!

Who wants/needs all those other parameters for the Phase 90, for example?
Me.
Phaser is one of the easiest effects to model but one of the hardest to tune just right, take three modelers and you'll have three very different Phase 90 sounds.

On a Fractal I tune the Script model to my real Phase 90, on Helix I tune the Deluxe Phaser because the 'Script' model is shit.
The default settings are not very accurate.

The pleasure of rubbing and twisting knobs has been mentioned as an allure to use pedals. But how long until you get pain in the back and knees for kneeling down? All these fetish practices have a toll to pay, and you will not be young forever.
:rollsafe

The pleasure of rubbing and twisting knobs has been mentioned as an allure to use pedals. But how long until you get pain in the back and knees for kneeling down? All these fetish practices have a toll to pay, and you will not be young forever.
:rollsafe
Never when the pedalboard is sitting on a desk or on top of something, and controlled via MIDI on the floor. :cool:

IMO the concept of pedals is kinda dumb the way they are. If I had my way, we would be playing something where pedals are more like Euroracks with MIDI controllers to switch them.

Never when the pedalboard is sitting on a desk or on top of something, and controlled via MIDI on the floor. :cool:

IMO the concept of pedals is kinda dumb the way they are. If I had my way, we would be playing something where pedals are more like Euroracks with MIDI controllers to switch them.
MIDI on discrete pedals? That is cheating! Get a proper multi-FX unit, and save the hassle of cables, power supply, routing, foot-tap-dancing...! :grin

Last edited:
MIDI on discrete pedals? That is cheating! Get a proper multi-FX unit, and save the hassle of cables, power supply, routing, foot-tap-dancing...! :grin
When they make the right one, I will. I've owned a bunch. All have their own issues which is why I don't own them anymore. Most haven't been very desk friendly either.

pedalboard-3-jpg.21668

This is what I use now, but I've changed the Flint V2 for the Source Audio Collider. It's packed tight, the only way the Collider fits is if it's sideways.

So for now I've got the one time hassle of cables and PSUs, and more complicated MIDI programming, but in return have dedicated knobs for most things and effects that sound great.

I've found that I have very little interest in shuffling around the order of pedals when I found something that works for me. Similarly my tastes have honed in on a subset of things so having everything ever is less appealing. Plus all of those pedals do a lot.

I'm going to Japan next month and I'm on the lookout for a cheap Strymon El Capistan V2, hoping it will work for me as a "smaller Volante". I might get tempted by a HX Stomp/One or Boss GT-1000 Core if I find one that is dirt cheap for some reason.

Back