Pedals !!!

For some reason we look at this as a problem that has to be solved by a perfect solution. Perfect by factors of size, price, multipurpose utility, A/B tests etc.

The problem is that ignores the fact that I didn’t roll my ass out of bed this morning to play a f**king HX Stomp. :ROFLMAO:

I love my AxeFx. It’s the greatest multi-fx unit I’ve ever played. It’s probably the best piece of gear I’ve ever bought. It’s also a computer dork box. (I’m a dork!) It may have every tone ever created, and I could probably A/B myself out of ever buying another piece of gear, but flipping the switch on an amp and stomping on pedals in front of a cab is still a sound, and still an experience.

Sometimes it’s fun to just enjoy gear for what it is.

Howdy all, so being the Gear Forum i notice that many people use actual pedals as opposed to what is in their modelers
and some even add certain flavor of pedal to their modelers
is there really that much difference in the Toanz that warrants buying a hardware equivalent be it OD, Fuzz, Reverb, Delay ?

I also notice a lot of Modeler owners have multiple rigs, a Modeler setup then a Pedal Board and Amp setup and some form of Hybrid as well

Being a broke ass Mofo I is curious

Cheers
I've been playing since age 11, 60 now. I for the most part have always played solid state amps, and started with modeler mfx pedals in early 90's. My first was an Alesis Quadraverb GT and had a Fender Princeton Chorus stereo amp I ran it into. When I started gigging out, I moved to a Rockman XP 100 with 2 Jackson 212 cabs. Later in years I moved on to Boss gt10, gt100, and gr55. Mostly playing at home in studio at that point with everything into mixer, monitors, and small pa. A few years ago I added a Helix LT.

I have mostly always played covers so I always needed a variety of amps and effects, hense the modelers always served me well. I've been a studio hermit for a long time now and tube amps were, quite frankly, just to loud for home use. I always aimed for the finished recording sound when I jam now, so again, the modlers have served me well vs amp and pedal board setup.

I have always wanted to try a traditional tube amp rig, and in recent years, like playing with electronic, so I started looking at a Fender Deluxe Reverb. Stupid money for such an amp, coupled with modern assembly methods and designs, prompted me to buy a Stewmac kit and build my own amp (my avatar). I have since added a Strymon Big Sky, had an MS50g, and built 3 pedals. A BK Butler Tube Driver from scratch with schematic found online, and 2 Stewmac kits, Ghost Drive (Klon Centaur clone), and the 2 kings ( King of Tone clone).

I have to admit, modeling vs analog are definately two different animals to work with. IMO, I would say either or works depending on what your usage needs are. In my case, for cover jams and home studio work, the modelers definately have a work flow advantage. If you play originals and only need a small variety of sounds for YOUR sound, an analog rig with amp and some pedals is surely all you need. However, either can be acomplished with either.

So the short answer to you questions is, it's a result of a serious, debilitating, and even dangerous (if married) disease called GAS (Gear Acquisition Syndrom). The main side effect is extreme brokness. Stay away from the drug..............now shut up and take a hit:pee

The problem is that ignores the fact that I didn’t roll my ass out of bed this morning to play a f**king HX Stomp. :ROFLMAO:
Red Wine Ugh GIF by Married At First Sight

For some reason we look at this as a problem that has to be solved by a perfect solution. Perfect by factors of size, price, multipurpose utility, A/B tests etc.

I love my AxeFx. It’s the greatest multi-fx unit I’ve ever played. It’s probably the best piece of gear I’ve ever bought. It’s also a computer dork box. (I’m a dork!) It may have every tone ever created, and I could probably A/B myself out of ever buying another piece of gear, but flipping the switch on an amp and stomping on pedals in front of a cab is still a sound, and still an experience.

Sometimes it’s fun to just enjoy gear for what it is.

Yup. I think when we stop looking for the solution (in a culture seemingly obsessed with absolutes,
while we all live in a world where none actually exist), and realize that it is really about a variety of
solutions, applicable to different moods and circumstances, then the struggle ceases to exist. It also
seems to become more fun and a lot less burdensome. Mostly. :LOL:

The MXR Phaser is iconic. The Fractal has umpteen different parameters for Phasing, and
I have never been able to get it to do what that one knob Genie that is the Phase 90 can do. :idk
That's big one with Fractal. If you're going to model a pedal with 1 knob, then put THAT PARAMETER, and ONLY that parameter, on page 1, and set the default settings of all the other parameters in such a way that they in effect, don't exist, if you don't alter them.

I mean, is that a problem to do it that way?

I made a thread about that there a few years ago and got my ass handed to me... because
I must be dumb!! :LOL:

I requested an Authentic Tab for FX based on actual pedals. The current FX Tab should be
labelled an Ideal Tab.... because that is what it is. :idk

I also wish that the effects should be as authentic as can be on tab 1
Boss Chorus should not be overly complicated on the basic tab and I for one would love to ses a authentic Tab (mirror image of the OG)
OFC i do like the advanced parameters but keep that on advanced tab not Basic/authentic

case in point --->

1720984948288.png

Should be more like

1720985048688.png

Let's all bump this thread I made 2+ years ago. :banana

Let's all bump this thread I made 2+ years ago. :banana

done !!

It seems obvious to me. Use the same sort of thing that is already present on the Amps. :idk

Authentic/Ideal. Everyone happy! :beer

It seems obvious to me. Use the same sort of thing that is already present on the Amps. :idk

Authentic/Ideal. Everyone happy! :beer
It would also in a way alleviate all the "Oh Fractal is too complicated" camps
because in essence thats the wonderful thing about Fractal min-max environment

:idk

Back