Show Your Guitar Rig

Built this smaller board today. Definitely could just run with the stomp tone x (or heck even just the stomp). Want to implement my physical pedals tho

Attachments

• PXL_20230312_232347411.jpg
    PXL_20230312_232347411.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 39
20230228_144930.jpg

Guitar 👉 G10 👉 HX Stomp in 4CM with the MT15. Katana and K8.2 in the corner. I usually use the Katana as a powered guitar cab for running HX Amp models, with an IR in parallel for direct.

Dunlop Mini Vol 👉 the HX Stomp

Mosky Dual Switch (Reverb on the Left, Boost/Drive on the Right) 👉 Disaster Area DMC.micro (Tap/Tune on left switch, Snapshot/Stomp mode on right switch) 👉 HX MIDI IN

Cab is a Peavey 212-6 with Greenbacks. I don't gig at the moment so this is my home rig. HX Stomp at the moment has different presets for low/high gain (depending on what channel I'm on or how the lead channel is set).

I haven't gigged much since last fall, have no band or jam situation so I sit at home, noodle and record in a little corner in our bedroom since the studio room had to go to one of the kids.
20230207_164132.jpg

Amp: Either Marshall JVMHJS410 or Diezel D-Moll
Effects: Line 6 Helix switching the amp and effects via midi
Additional: Ernie Ball volume pedal (now switched out for a Lehle one) and a Polytune mini as a dedicated tuner, plus a Crybaby 535Q (now switched out for a 90's Crybaby bb535)

After the AxeFX2 I left the Modeling World & gigged a D-Moll for a good 6 years with a Pedalboard
Great Amp

The 4x12 is used at rehearsals, for gigs it's a 2x12 (plus smaller Dyne head not shown in pic):

View attachment 5085

When I was using my Sig:X for gigs I used a Fryette FatBottom 2x12 with it. Much easier to get up and down stairs than the Deliverance 4x12.

Great looking bike… Keep that dirty side down 👍

Funny. When I had a GpZ 550 like the one below we used to say "Keep the shiny side up!"

1-1513608763476@2x.jpg

Here’s mine right now. It’s never green :cry:

View attachment 5141

The thing is that tube bias needs to see the same voltage used to set it. That's why wildly varying voltage is problematic and contributes to why one day your tube amp may sound great and at a different location not so much.

It's not an issue with my Axe FX, but with my tube amps, particularly the 100 watters, I like to make sure they see a constant 120 volts. That's why I use the Furman.

33250750496_fcc4e4d539_b.jpg

Main rig. Indoors, I plug into 2 Thiele cabs - one with EVM12L, the other with a Redback. Outdoors, I plug into a Mesa vertical 2x12 loaded with a WGS12L and Redback.
Main Rig.jpg

Backup Rig. Same speaker options.
Backup Rig.jpg

This setup is for tube amps.
Real Amp Rig.jpg

I've never been able to settle on a consistent rig. :facepalmAlways a bunch of moving parts. Pedals. Amps. Cabs.

A lot depends on the situation and context. Who and what I am being asked to play matters, so I have
always tried to accommodate that as best I can.

I have come close so many times to getting a grandmeister 40. I had the tube Meister 18 and it was okay. I can never run into one that I can actually play through. Do you know if they sound the same?
That’s a good question, I don’t actually know if they sound the same 😢

PXL_20230412_231820523~3.jpg

PXL_20230412_231621404.jpg

My humble mini-rig. Guitar -> Dunlop 535Q Mini -> IN -> HX Stomp.-> Stereo FX Loop <- Zoom MS70CDR.

Ampero Dual Switch going into fs4/5 mapped to next FS Mode and tap/tuner respectively. Ampero Press expression pedal going into Ampero Control acting as extra midi switches for the HXS.

HX Stomp L out going into the Aux/CD In of my solid state Peavey Rage 258 acting as a powered cab. HX Stomp R out going into FOH/Mixer/PA with a dual cab block in the end.

Edit: powered by a Truetone CS6 underneath.

Back