Show Your Guitar Rig

CD504A72-EFA1-4A85-9426-048B6DEBF685.jpeg

Board goes into the return of the st James, revival drive is on preamp duty. The 2 boosts/eq/compressors are toggled between clean/dirty…basically they act as dedicated tonestacks/cleanboosts per channel of the revivaldrive. GT on efx duty…Halo doing the delays.

if I can I bring another amp to get stereo…thats either a Mesa express, a fender superchamp (modded with poweramp input), or a laney studio IRT. The IRT is in a box with a digitech 1101…i play that standalone sometimes at a venue where there is a cab…in I get there by bicycl.

Last edited:
Board goes into the return of the st James, revival drive is on preamp duty. The 2 boosts/eq/compressors are toggled between clean/dirty…basically they act as dedicated tonestacks/cleanboosts per channel of the revivaldrive. GT on efx duty…Halo doing the delays.

Some questions, if you don't mind:
- What's the weight? Just roundabout.
- What's the board chassis and bag?
- Don't you do wah stuff? And if you do, how?

I get there by bicycl.

Love that.
I'm trying to get my main rig bike ready. So far, I still need a bike trailer, would love to get away without (got some plans on buying a cargo pedelec once the car is gone).

Some questions, if you don't mind:
- What's the weight? Just roundabout.
- What's the board chassis and bag?
- Don't you do wah stuff? And if you do, how?

Love that.
I'm trying to get my main rig bike ready. So far, I still need a bike trailer, would love to get away without (got some plans on buying a cargo pedelec once the car is gone).
Weight of the board..with a large margin…8-12 kg? Wouldn’t be surprised if it’s heavier then the amp ;-)
The board is a diy..not me..picked up form a local add for 50,- including the bag. Well made though..nice to have room under the part that’s elevated for powersupply & rock board module. I made a deal on a Harley benton 100w ss poweramp yesterday…should fit in there.

for wah I use the mooer left top corner, small, sounds decent.
the knobs on the right top corner are level control of the delay, and volume.

regarding compact “bike rigs”. I got a fender superchamp x2 which is super compact, decent sounding, and loud enough for a bar gig. I also use a dual gigbag where I put a small pedalboard where the 2nd guitar was supposed to go. That’s one thing on your back…and an amp. The st James is great cause of its weight, and loud as anything. To big for a bicycle basket…but I could imagine a bike could handle it.

Re: "bike rigs"

Given guitar + amp stay in the rehearsal space, the absolute #1 priority for my effects rig is:

Can I easily take it home on public transport, including walking, when I'm drunk? :D

for wah I use the mooer left top corner, small, sounds decent.

Ok - well, maybe my questions wasn't exact enough. Are you using that one as a volume (or whatever) pedal, too?
Reason I'm asking is, I'm collecting ideas about how to get my wah/vol needs covered. Right now I'm using a Hotone Soulpress II, like it a lot, but for obvious reasons, I'd like the volume pedal to be placed behind all drive stuff, which isn't possible this way.

Ok - well, maybe my questions wasn't exact enough. Are you using that one as a volume (or whatever) pedal, too?
Reason I'm asking is, I'm collecting ideas about how to get my wah/vol needs covered. Right now I'm using a Hotone Soulpress II, like it a lot, but for obvious reasons, I'd like the volume pedal to be placed behind all drive stuff, which isn't possible this way.
I have 2 post gain volume controls:
1 underneath a switch..that does a clean boost by activating an eq block in the gt(eq flat)…basically a “solo boost:.
2 an expression control that goes from 70 to 100%. On this board it’s one of the 2 big knobs on the top right corner..with a little practice you can operate those with your feet. Not suitable for quick changes…but works for going along with dynamics of the evening. An regular expression pedal obviously is better..but takes more room.

im gonna try to fit a cntl knob in there together with an expression pedal..maybe that hotone..that one has leds indicating the level right?

that one has leds indicating the level right?

Yeah - I find them to be of rather little use, though.

In general, the thing is, I like some volume swells here and there. For those to work best, the volume pedal should be placed at a different location than the wah. So it's always either a compromise or two pedals - unless you're using an onboard or dual function EXP pedal. Which is why I instantly fell in love with the EXP pedal of my GT-10 back in the days, because it provided just that option. Same with the Helix' pedal, just loved it.
So now I'm looking for a solution to the dilemma with my rather modular pedalboard. I'm actually considering to have the Hotone modified, so instead of switching between wah and volume it'd switch between wah and EXP. It has that EXP out - but unfortunately, that's always active (pretty stupid, if you ask me - I mean, how often do you need wah and EXP combined?). Maybe it could be modified, as there's a switching option provided already. In that case, I could use the wah as usual and route the EXP out to the HX Stomp for volume swells.
Sure, I could as well just get another mini EXP pedal and use that, but my pedalboard is stuffed already and I'd have a hard time to get things in place properly. Defenitely a "hmpf" situation because otherwise I'm happier with everything than ever before.

Back