Show Your Guitar Rig

I was going to say Yamaha HS-8.

x2. :D
Just never ever is Yamaha sexy unless there is a chick on the back

animation fist pump GIF

O/T

I drive too fast, not to have a steel cage wrapped around me anymore. 🏎️
My 600R has been collecting dust in the garage for 15 years... and will probably be gone come spring. I drive too fast, and so does everyone else.

My 600R has been collecting dust in the garage for 15 years... and will probably be gone come spring. I drive too fast, and so does everyone else.
I spent a ton of time on the track… I feel that my best defense is a great offense.

I really like the power to weight ratio advantage of a motorcycle for getting out of trouble but nobody sees you anymore.

Hell I drive a convertible that’s just low to the ground and nobody sees me. Locomotive horn for the upgrade.

Studio Rig and Rehearsal stuff and my gigging rig with Carvin Legacy cab.
First post here and Fractal veteran. Soon to be gear page reject…. LOL….

Attachments

• 31666699-10A3-4796-8080-06F0D58DE538.jpeg
    31666699-10A3-4796-8080-06F0D58DE538.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 36
  • CA3B5223-FA1B-4A01-B1B1-E24B3A4CD49E.jpeg
    CA3B5223-FA1B-4A01-B1B1-E24B3A4CD49E.jpeg
    3.7 MB · Views: 43
  • FEBA1FC0-92DE-421D-84FC-FBCA7CD06E80.jpeg
    FEBA1FC0-92DE-421D-84FC-FBCA7CD06E80.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 39
Studio Rig and Rehearsal stuff and my gigging rig with Carvin Legacy cab.
First post here and Fractal veteran. Soon to be gear page reject…. LOL….

Nice! Are you using the AxeFX into the Fryette or the Matrix? (Or both?)

Sorta simple. Kinda forgot how to turn on the Kemper, as of late.
View attachment 4988

Are you also using the ToneX with the Kabinet, or is it going to those monitors?

Are you also using the ToneX with the Kabinet, or is it going to those monitors?
I am using the Kabinet and monitors. There's a Camplifier in the rear of the toaster. I'm running the ToneX L/R outs to the Axe I/O so I can have moar outputs :grin

I guess the Kabinet qualifies as "FRFR" :idksince there aren't speaker imprints active this way. Back before I had the pedal, I did try the ToneX app, both via the Kemper's front input (with Amp/Cab disabled) and the aux rear input (noisy as fukk) so I could switch imprints. With no way to quickly A/B - I couldn't really tell a difference, so I'm just keeping it direct for now. I may try the imprint way again, it's pretty damn glorious, though, as is!

Did this a while back. I've got a butt-ton of gear, but my live rig for the past few years has been:

Amp: Either Marshall JVMHJS410 or Diezel D-Moll
Effects: Line 6 Helix switching the amp and effects via midi
Additional: Ernie Ball volume pedal (now switched out for a Lehle one) and a Polytune mini as a dedicated tuner, plus a Crybaby 535Q (now switched out for a 90's Crybaby bb535)

Interesting... How do you like that St. James tho? Reviews seem a bit mixed on these.

Like any amp it has its pros and cons.

It's a 50 watt tube amp that weighs as much as a SS amp of the same wattage. That's a big plus.

The clean tones are really good. Not stellar but really nice. That's what's most important to me as a Jazz player. I could easily gig with this amp.

Once dialed in properly it has some nice gain tones as well. It's not a Dumble clone or a Dual Rectifier but I can get overdrive, and high gain out of it. Marshall crunch tones are not really the wheelhouse of my 6L6 version.

The CabRig function works well from the clips I've heard, in fact many of the DI tones were as good or better than what comes out of its speaker.

Cons:

I'm not in love with the speaker and will almost certainly replace it with a Celestion Century Vintage Neo. Same weight savings but a tighter and more solid bottom end with better definition in the midrange.

I'm not in love with the reverb but that will be solved by using it with my Fractal Audio FM9. It has a great reputation as a pedal platform so I'm hoping that when I eventually use it with my FM9 many of my concerns will be addressed.

In the final analysis I like it and think it will be a keeper. Purely from a tone perspective there are better options but it's hard for me to think of a better grab-and-go tube amp given its feature set; CabRig with multiple cabs microphones and mic placement options for a DI feed to a DAW or FOH, reactive load for silent playing, effects loop and USB audio out. Loud enough for medium sized venues without sound reinforcement.

I'm still just getting to know it. I'll have a better idea of what works well for me and what doesn't in a month or so.

Last edited:
Like any amp it has its pros and cons.

It's a 50 watt tube amp that weighs as much as a SS amp of the same wattage. That's a big plus.

The clean tones are really good. Not stellar but really nice. That's what's most important to me as a Jazz player. I could easily gig with this amp.

Once dialed in properly it has some nice gain tones as well. It's not a Dumble clone or a Dual Rectifier but I can get overdrive, and high gain out of it. Marshall crunch tones are not really its wheelhouse.

The CabRig function works well from the clips I've heard, in fact many of the DI tones were as good or better than what comes out of its speaker.

Cons:

I'm not in love with the speaker and will almost certainly replace it with a Celestion Century Vintage Neo. Same weight savings but a tighter and more solid bottom end with better definition in the midrange.

I'm not in love with the reverb but that will be solved by using it with my Fractal Audio FM9. It has a great reputation as a pedal platform so I'm hoping that when I eventually use it with my FM9 many of my concerns will be addressed.

In the final analysis I like it and think it will be a keeper. Purely from a tone perspective there are better options but it's hard for me to think of a better grab-and-go tube amp given its feature set; CabRig with multiple cabs microphones and mic placement options, reactive load for silent playing, effects loop and USB audio out. Loud enough for medium sized venues without sound reinforcement.

I'm still just getting to know it. I'll have a better idea of what works well for me and what doesn't in a month or so.
Swapping the speaker for something you'll like better probably is a good idea, but other than that your description sounds fine!

Swapping the speaker for something you'll like better probably is a good idea, but other than that your description sounds fine!

The things I'm hearing that I don't like are pretty much the same as what I heard from the Jensen C12K that came with my George Benson Hot Rod Deluxe. Changing the speaker to the Celestion Century Vintage Neo fixed my concerns in the Benson HRD so I'm hoping it will do the same in the St. James.

Originally largely panned, the Century Vintage Neo (based on the V30 but with less midrange emphasis, a tighter bottom end, and a sweeter top end) was later evaluated to be a really good speaker but unfortunately, due to the early lack of acceptance, it went out of production. As a result Parts Express blew them out for $69 each.

I took advantage of their blowout and bought a bunch of them in both 8 and 16 ohm versions so I've got one to replace the 16 ohm speaker in the St. James.

There's currently one for sale at Tube Depot for $279.95.

ofvnot2gxzyflryv7kbr.jpg

Last edited:
Back