Show Your Guitar Rig

This is pretty much all I'm using. Either running through my "FRFR" (an Alto TS310, *heaps* better than the 210 or the 12" Headrush offerings, will be replaced one day soon, though) or via IEM (hence the little mixer in the upper right). Not on picture (and intentionally left outside of the board): a Hotone Soulpress II (travels left to the HX Stomp).
Can run acoustics through this as well (got a dedicated patch on the MS-50G, bypassing everything else) but I may as well bring my Zoom G3 in addition (which is quite decent for live acoustics) and route it into the little mixer as well.
For small/flight gigs I grab the Stomp, the Soulpress and 1-2 drives and slap them onto a small board.
Serves me extremely well, very flexible too, never heard a single complaint, more to the opposite (routing details on request, in case anyone's interested).

WhatsApp.jpg

Last edited:
This is pretty much all I'm using. Either running through my "FRFR" (an Alto TS310, *heaps* better than the 210 or the 12" Headrush offerings, will be replaced one day soon, though) or via IEM (hence the little mixer in the upper right). Not on picture (and intentionally left outside): a Hotone Soulpress II (travels left to the HX Stomp).
Can run acoustics through this as well (got a dedicated patch on the MS-50G, bypassing everything else) but I may as well bring my Zoom G3 in addition (which is quite decent for live acoustics) and route it into the little mixer as well.
For small/flight gigs I grab the Stomp, the Soulpress and 1-2 drives and slap them onto a small board.
Serves me extremely well, very flexible too, never heard a single complaint, more to the opposite (routing details on request, in case anyone's interested).

View attachment 4844
Definitely curious why these. Are you using the Amplifirebox+Amp Academy to offload amp/cab sims from the Helix? Do you use them as separate channels or as a stereo setup both at once?

My Axe-Fx 3 setup is very unexciting, just the Axe-Fx 3 on my desk with an ASM Hydrasynth Explorer stacked on top of it and a FC-12 on the floor. Should take a pic of my guitars at some point.

Here's the last pic I have taken of my pedalboard. Pedals are a bit wonky because I was putting in the Compadre and had to finagle the pedals to fit all the cables. I need to redo the velcro with dual lock. Atm this rig resides at my parents' basement, hence being propped up on an old mattress here.

Pedalboard.jpg

The idea here is that the board itself is higher up where I can just easily adjust its controls. I can't bend down to the floor to adjust pedals comfortably on the regular thanks to some health issues so floor units = no go for me.

The whole board is controlled wirelessly via MIDI. I used the XSonic Airstep for a few years but recently sold it because I need something with displays, most likely buying the Morningstar MC6 Pro as replacement and use the CME WIDI Master for wireless on it though I need to power it with something else.

Pedal arrangement is based on "what will I mess with the most" followed by "what lets me use the shortest patch cables".

Signal chain:
  • Turbo Tuner ST-300 -> Strymon Compadre -> Riverside -> Zelzah -> DIY Hudson Broadcast clone -> Lehle P-Split -> BluGuitar Amp 1 Mercury Edition input
  • Amp 1 fx send -> Gigrig Wetter Box -> Strymon Nightsky / Volante in parallel -> Wetter Box -> Amp 1 fx return
  • Amp 1 speaker out -> Bluetone 4x10 w/ 10" Greenbacks
  • Lehle P-Split -> Digitech Trio+ -> Headphones or some Bluetooth speaker, I just use it as practice drums/bass.
The rest, under the board:
  • MIDI: CME WIDI Jack (wireless MIDI) -> Strymon Conduit -> Morningstar ML5 loop switcher (probably selling it as it just has the Broadcast now) -> BluGuitar Amp 1 ME
  • PSU: CIOKS DC7 + 4 Expander
  • Temple Audio Trio 21 w/ carry bag
  • 2x Temple Audio patchbay modules
  • Temple Audio IEC power switch/cable module -> PSU

Definitely curious why these. Are you using the Amplifirebox+Amp Academy to offload amp/cab sims from the Helix? Do you use them as separate channels or as a stereo setup both at once?

As you may know, I'm possibly the biggest WYSIWYG fan there is. The AFB serves as a (more or less) clean pedal platform for all overdriven sounds whereas the AA is set to clean (I can add some "hair" with the Joyo Rated Boost). None of the two is ever switched (I could in fact remove the switches).
For live, the Stomp is just serving as a delay/reverb box (ah well, I have a "final lead balance" EQ running there as well), I only use the HX models for recording purposes.
Fwiw, the 6 loops are populated and used like this:
1) Yellow Comp. My pre-amp lead boost, works nicely for both clean and driven tones.
2) MS-50G. Used for "special" situations (such as for acoustics, see above), the occasional modulation (which I rarely need) and some really nasty octafuzz drive that I happen to dig for completely unknown reasons.
3) All drives (but the Joyo Rated Boost).
4) Rated Boost and Amp Academy.
5) Amplifirebox.
6) Abused as a programmable A/B box, sending the signal either through the Stomp or straight through. The two signals are mixed with a modified Y-cable (has a resistor soldered in on the Stomp side to avoid uneven signals). The sole reason I'm messing with that Y-stuff is so I can have delay/verb spillovers. Fortunately works a treat.

Y-cable is then running into a DI box (underneath), from there, the XLR goes the FOH way, thru runs into the mini mixer, allowing for FOH-independent monitoring volume (no need to crawl behind any wedges) and sometimes even to defeat evil Fletcher-Munson via the B/T EQ (actually works pretty well on critical stages).
Fwiw #2, further advances of that mini mixer are that I can always monitor myself direct (even on IEM gigs, the monitor feed is then running into the mixer, too, obviously without my guitar signal), and I can as well run, say, a split from the keyboard (usually all I need in case it's no IEM gig) into it as well in small venues where I may not have a dedicated monitor others than my own.

This is pretty much all I'm using. Either running through my "FRFR" (an Alto TS310, *heaps* better than the 210 or the 12" Headrush offerings, will be replaced one day soon, though) or via IEM (hence the little mixer in the upper right). Not on picture (and intentionally left outside of the board): a Hotone Soulpress II (travels left to the HX Stomp).

View attachment 4844

What’s the box with the RCA cables in the top right?

What’s the box with the RCA cables in the top right?

That's the little mixer I mentioned. The RCA connectors are downright horrible (also not allowing for typical things such as automatical "left/mono" switching) so I have to carry a bunch of adapter cables with me all the time (depending on what I might feed into it), it's also USB powered only, so I had to abuse a car cigarette lighter as a converter box - but it was the only little mixer doing what I wanted at that form factor.
I'm considering to rip it out, though, as I really only need it for IEM jobs, of which I'm not playing too many (fortunately, I should add - whenever given the choice, I rather grab my "FRFR" wedge).

As I will in fact be gigging in Mumbai next week, I had to slap a small suitcase-friendly board together. This is what I came up with:

WhatsApp.jpg

Works quite well. Will very likely stick to my 1-patch-per-gig approach. No fancy stuff possible that way but pretty solid sounds.
Switch 1 alternates between loop (with boost and Dude in it) and internal EQ (to allow for separate clean sound adjustments), switch 2 switches between rhythm and lead (activating pre-comp, post-EQ and reverb/delay), switch 3 adds some spacey delay. Not sure on the models I'll be using yet, but it'll work great. Underneath there's a DI box, XLR to FOH, through to Fender EQ feeding my personal "FRFR" (which the rental service will hopefully remember bringing...).
For now, the tap tempo/tune switch will have to remain off the board (I had that "chassis" hanging around) and I will as well have to use two PSUs (1 x Stomp, 1 x for the daisychained rest). In case I like this kinda board, I'll adress all these and also bring in my Jet Micro (MIDI switch for the Stomp).

Single life + 1-bedroom apartment = Gear all over the f*cking place. Every time I have to take a pic with my couch in it I have to remove like 5 guitars and 8 pedals so I don’t look like a complete slob. :rofl

Slob Life Unite! :headbang

I was a little gassed last night and wanted to lay on my couch and chill, but then I
would have had to do that---remove guitars. It's kind of like having a Dog who
commandeers a piece of furniture, so you can never occupy it again. Only with Guitars! :rofl

Back