Show Your Guitar Rig

View attachment 6565

View attachment 6566

My humble mini-rig. Guitar -> Dunlop 535Q Mini -> IN -> HX Stomp.-> Stereo FX Loop <- Zoom MS70CDR.

Ampero Dual Switch going into fs4/5 mapped to next FS Mode and tap/tuner respectively. Ampero Press expression pedal going into Ampero Control acting as extra midi switches for the HXS.

HX Stomp L out going into the Aux/CD In of my solid state Peavey Rage 258 acting as a powered cab. HX Stomp R out going into FOH/Mixer/PA with a dual cab block in the end.

Edit: powered by a Truetone CS6 underneath.
Are those the Mooer switch toppers or another brand?

As always, subject to change, and that could be tomorrow :LOL:
A63D2605-3BF2-476E-863F-B89EC49521D8.jpeg

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: How many times is that now?

The only caveat is these don't have the feature to make use of the HX's capacitive switches.

You could use some self-adhesive aluminium foil. Just fiddle a small stripe inside the topper and stick the rest outside. Did that with the Floor, worked pretty well. I should actually do that with the Stomp as the capacitive switches are driving me bonkers all the time.

On another note: Can you really properly operate both pedals? I'd bet that this arrangement would be way too tight for my feet.

Five weeks after my original post I'm still playing through the Blackstar St. James.

Despite my quibbles about it I'm still using it exclusively and haven't felt the need to add my FM9 so I guess I like it more than I'm willing to admit.

Now that I'm using a semi-hollow with it I'm getting really nice Jazz tones out of it, much better than with my solid bodies, particularly if I give it some volume.

I still haven't cranked it using the gain tones so that's a world so far left unexplored and as I understand it, is Blackstar's claim to fame. The gain tones sound pretty good in the clip below.

I remain impressed with the CabRig speaker emulation using headphones and expect it will also sound just as good coming from the XLR direct out into FOH sound reinforcement.

I'm unlikely to be able to really put it through it's paces for another month or so but I'm really looking forward to it. If the St. James can become my go to grab-and-go combo it will be everything I hoped it would be.

You could use some self-adhesive aluminium foil. Just fiddle a small stripe inside the topper and stick the rest outside. Did that with the Floor, worked pretty well
That's a great idea, thanks! I am going to try that.

On another note: Can you really properly operate both pedals? I'd bet that this arrangement would be way too tight for my feet.
Yet to see how it works in a gig, standing up and all.

MIDI: CME WIDI Jack (wireless MIDI) -> Strymon Conduit -> Morningstar ML5 loop switcher (probably selling it as it just has the Broadcast now) -> BluGuitar Amp 1 ME
How has that Morningstar ML5 been working out? I think I could take that off your hands for a fair price if you're selling, I'm looking for some midi switching box. Weren't you in Finland?

How has that Morningstar ML5 been working out? I think I could take that off your hands for a fair price if you're selling, I'm looking for some midi switching box. Weren't you in Finland?
Yeah I'm in Finland. The Morningstar works well, got no complaints about it really.

The Morningstar ML5 is fantastic. I wish more companies would start making small MIDI controlled loops, switchers and A/B boxes.

Back