Should I keep it?

Should I keep the TMP?

• Yes. Ride the storm out.

Votes: 15 23.1%
  • No. Buy a loadbox for the semi-hobbled Badlander and STFU

Votes: 50 76.9%

• Total voters
You have the FM9 and that seems to be what you like. It is an amazing unit!

My singer/rhythm player got the TMP and loves it! However, it is his only unit now. He sold off his amp and pedalboard as he wanted much less to take to the gig and is now running direct. He did this after I got my FM9 Turbo/PXM12 and saw how much less I was carrying and way less setup time. Never seen a guy happier to change things. He has been playing and writing a ton now which is great!

You have the FM9 and that seems to be what you like. It is an amazing unit!

My singer/rhythm player got the TMP and loves it! However, it is his only unit now. He sold off his amp and pedalboard as he wanted much less to take to the gig and is now running direct. He did this after I got my FM9 Turbo/PXM12 and saw how much less I was carrying and way less setup time. Never seen a guy happier to change things. He has been playing and writing a ton now which is great!
didnt he try you fm9t before buying the tmp?

OIG.KGbPAs.VtySr05Le2QDd
I keep trying things to replace the Helix and while it’s not considered by far the best thing out there by a lot of players… it keeps holding on to just being the right piece of gear for the job a lot of the time for me.

I was in this situation when I had the Helix Floor, FM3 and QC at the same time. QC was the new thing at the time and the reason I sold it was "I can always buy another one when it arrives to the state I want it to be." I liked what it did at the time just fine, simply didn't want to commit to a work-in-progress device when the FM3 was similar size and a full featured product already.

So I say return it. Use the FM9 with your FR12. Check back in a year or two and see what the modeler world looks then.

What was the issue with the Badlander IR loader again?
This is TGF. Surely you mean, “Check back in an hour or two”?

Problem being I just don't need it.
Getting rid of gear just because you don't need it is seldom the answer, because you almost certainly knew you didn't need it before you bought it! ;)

I got rid of my FM9T because I didn't really enjoy using it compared to other modellers, and I've got rid of some guitars because I've realised that it has been a year or more since I last picked them up.

The best reason for getting rid of the TMP now is if you feel the product is somewhat half-baked and you're in a return period - you can always re-purchase again at a later date,

Personally, I think the TMP is in a much better state at launch than the Quad Cortex was, and I gave that around 18 months before I finally let it go - I think the next major firmware update for the TMP will be a good indication of where the product is going, and how long it is likely to take to get there.

The people (and myself after some reflection) have spoken. I think @Foxmeister is right in that there is no sweeping champion in all of this. Even if I wasn't looking for a "winner". I really do like the sounds a LOT.

The FM9 has been sitting off to the side as it's been kind of irking me in it's own way (aka I just don't like doing much of anything with it beyond playing through studio monitors because then I fall into output config traps aka only 14 button clicks to change from Sum L&R to Copy Output 5 or wtfever I want to do at a given moment with it). That's a me problem but it still counts as a problem.

If the TMP is in much better shape than the QC was at launch, I mean; how in the f did you even give them any leeway? The TMP sounds great but the PlaySkool My First Modeler Interface (and equivalent level of configurability) is the exact opposite of FAS stuff. Just weird. I'd say Helix is goldilocks but then I don't get on with the tones consistently so there's that
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I will be watching from the sidelines to see how long it takes to get some of the low hanging fruit.

That’s $1700 towards a guitar(or something else).

44.1 …

It’s okay, but it’s here more or less as is representing the tail end of this generation of hardware.
Yeah I feel like they could certainly pivot it in a more modern direction beyond "ooh touchscreen/encoder footswitches" but it's just too early to see which way the push goes. Or if there's any push at all. We've seen this movie before :oops:

So time to decide is almost nigh. I have been jamming the TMP through the FR12 and loving it. I have also gotten it going quite nicely through my studio monitors. Very pleased.

Problem being I just don't need it. Duh! FM9, killer amps and Boss guitar synth gear is honestly enough to keep me busy. The TMP sucks with my amps in 4cm and just the development vibe I see is instagram videos and recommendations for cases instead of "hey we're going to fix this batch of oddball issues shortly and get to work on adding some content!". I know it takes time and they have to see how it's going to stick in the already crowded market.

If it was closer to the $1k mark; I'd keep it without a second thought. But that extra pile of $ on top of that $1k is enough to give pause. I could buy a load box for the semi-hobbled Badlander and use it with the FM9 and FR12 or whatever cabs. Thoughts. I have gotten better about enjoying the hoarding process :love

Wet blanket votes will immediately be disqualified.

Just think about how the TMP is that Telecaster that was more expensive than you wanted to go. Literally! To the $$ pretty much. :unsure:

Back