Should I keep it?

Should I keep the TMP?

• Yes. Ride the storm out.

Votes: 15 23.1%
  • No. Buy a loadbox for the semi-hobbled Badlander and STFU

Votes: 50 76.9%

• Total voters
I just reset my ears and adjusted the input and output settings on the FM. I built a preset for next weeks gig using the 1987 Jumped amp and the Blues Driver. Sounds :love

Cbc Yes GIF by Kim's Convenience

It’s really too bad the Fractal spring reverb sounds like :barfcompared to TMP
This was the most surprising thing to me when I fired up my FM9 for the first time last night. How did that spring reverb model get into the unit when the rest of the modeling is generally high quality? Maybe it sounds like some generic spring verb in a studio, but it sounds nothing like a reverb tank in a Fender. Even the legacy spring verb in Helix is better, and the Hot Springs in Helix is miles better.

You're going to make me get a Stomp or something, Swirly.

Happy Little Girl GIF by Demic

Please go see my non-existent wife for a further debriefing on the matter. :hmm

:LOL:
Honestly, if we’re comparing the overall package and not strictly just individual amp tones, Helix is very competitive against Fractal offerings IMO. I need more time to decide if the amp modeling differences tilt those scales significantly, but it certainly wasn’t an oh-my-sweet-baby-jeebs-what-have-I-been-missing moment upon first use :LOL:

This was the most surprising thing to me when I fired up my FM9 for the first time last night. How did that spring reverb model get into the unit when the rest of the modeling is generally high quality? Maybe it sounds like some generic spring verb in a studio, but it sounds nothing like a reverb tank in a Fender. Even the legacy spring verb in Helix is better, and the Hot Springs in Helix is miles better.

You're going to make me get a Stomp or something, Swirly.

Happy Little Girl GIF by Demic

Please go see my non-existent wife for a further debriefing on the matter. :hmm

:LOL:
Just to help... you liked my last challenge song, right? That was all in Helix Native. :rofl
I did use a real Vox tube pedal to boost the WhoWatt100 Helix amp though. But still.

I just can’t recall anyone else caring so much about it, prior to the TMP. Suddenly everyone just has to have it and loves it deeply. :grin

You obviously weren’t on the Kemper forum some years back, when the KPA finally got its own spring reverb…

Back