• Yes. Ride the storm out.

Votes: 15 23.1%
  • No. Buy a loadbox for the semi-hobbled Badlander and STFU

Votes: 50 76.9%

• Total voters
“Problem being I just don’t need it”
Your answer is right here .
Why no poll option for neither one 🤷🏻
True. Yet I have a number of things I enjoy and don't truly "need" so it is kind of a wash in that regard.
I personally wouldn't given you have the fractal. If you were a huge fender amp fan and needed that sweet DRIP then maybe I'd say you should. Just seems redundant at that price point especially
Points certainly. I am finding the TMP to be better with the TMP, though. The FM is for me studio monitor perfection.
Problem is that you're not old enough yet. When you get to be my age, sonny, you're lookin' to get rid of as much stuff as you can.

View attachment 12202
I'm getting there. Hopefully!
Suspect stealth subject of poll might really be concerned with Loadbox GAS.

Emotion Reaction GIF
Nah no GAS. Anymore; I am pretty up front with most of my "musings". The load box thought was just me wanting to use the BL in the same way with the TP I am using the VII. Your observation on 4cm with digital is spot on either way. 4cm with modeling sucks comparatively.
Haven't hit the plunge point as of yet today :bag New avatar is :chef
I'd send it packing, JT. I've personally given up on the ridiculous fantasy of keeping one of these under the auspices of "backup rigs" at this point. Messing with touchscreen modeling devices is cool and all, but the FM9 is already there and doing pretty much everything the TMP will do - at present.
Ah man Fender is nowhere in the near universe as the NDSP crap. This isn't a backup rig so much as a "let's blow money on something I don't need" sort of thing :rofl
Real question for the pool should have been "why did I even but this POS".
You have a deep resentment for the TMP :unsure:
Dude. Return the TMP, buy a Power Station and pocket the $800 difference. You'll need that $800 the next time you buy the TMP, anyway.
Ahhh I had a power station and it didn't stick. It's fine, great piece for it's purpose; but I don't need another power amp at this point.
If you trust Fender to keep rolling the updates and don't care about the 1.7k$ for a product you will not actually use, then keep it.
In my honest opinion it's too early to trust a new player, always remember the QC.

aragorn-gandalf.gif
Yeah like I said above; QC and Fender are not in the same solar system in my mind. They may be doing their own brand of shenanigans but I actually like Fender. For better or worse.
That yellow tele :love
I was in this situation when I had the Helix Floor, FM3 and QC at the same time. QC was the new thing at the time and the reason I sold it was "I can always buy another one when it arrives to the state I want it to be." I liked what it did at the time just fine, simply didn't want to commit to a work-in-progress device when the FM3 was similar size and a full featured product already.

So I say return it. Use the FM9 with your FR12. Check back in a year or two and see what the modeler world looks then.

What was the issue with the Badlander IR loader again?
FM9 is perfection with studio monitors. I don't like moving cables and changing output configurations on the FAS stuff. Set and forget is best on that for me. The BL IR loader is wonky. Works one minute and not the next. They said they would repair it but I don't want to ship it out to Cali as I like gigging it way too much.

The BL IR loader is wonky. Works one minute and not the next. They said they would repair it but I don't want to ship it out to Cali as I like gigging it way too much.
That sounds like a self-inflicted injury. Just send it to get it fixed and live without it a bit! Otherwise you'll need to crack open the amp and see if it's just something simple like a loose connector.

That sounds like a self-inflicted injury. Just send it to get it fixed and live without it a bit! Otherwise you'll need to crack open the amp and see if it's just something simple like a loose connector.
I have had it apart and nothing looked amiss. Big thing is I built my own rack headshell and transplanted the chassis into a rack kit. So dismantling it is a paint. I might wait and do it after my Halloween gig in a few weeks.

If you're happy in the modeling world with the FM9 I'd absolutely be turning the TMP into something amp-related. Totally projecting because that's my exact mindset right now, I'm all good with modeling stuff but "need" the amp side in a better place.

Amp wise; I'd like to try that Bad Cat. For something inching closer to the "need" category; a combo of some sort would be a better option I think (aka return the TMP and FR and invest in a 50 watt Badlander combo for gigging when I don't want to take the full quarter stack)
Send it back! You can/will buy it again in a few years when the bugs are fixed and they load it with more content.

GIF by South Park
You are wise!

You have a deep resentment for the TMP :unsure:
Definitely, same as for any unfinished halfassed overpriced moneygrabbing POS, especially when done by corporation which has the resources to do it right, two times if they wanted to, but then they crap out something that is "eh, it's good enough, just slap our logo on it, they'll buy it".
I wish it a fast demise but a slow and painful death.

Definitely, same as for any unfinished halfassed overpriced moneygrabbing POS, especially when done by corporation which has the resources to do it right, two times if they wanted to, but then they crap out something that is "eh, it's good enough, just slap our logo on it, they'll buy it".
I wish it a fast demise but a slow and painful death.
Fair points. 100%. Jewel light integration does not count as hard work.

Not in my opinion.

For a $1700 modeler, it should knock your socks off. If it feels like a compromise, there are better options out there. Don't play the "what if they update it" game...they could be Boss and ignore it for three years.

Get the Badlander fixed, if necessary get something like a Suhr reactive load with IR if you need that option, or hell check out the Friedman IR-X. You already have a kick ass modeler with effects, and a kick ass amp, may as well get something else that kicks ass at what it does instead of just being medicore yet different.

Also, I need to get a sign that says "STOP BUYING THINGS THARE ARE DIFFERENT YET MEDIOCRE" and paste it on my credit card.

I'd return it and get the load box you want for your Badlander. Then in a few years of they keep with the updates and it matures buy another TMP used and save some cash.

Back