• Yes. Ride the storm out.

Votes: 15 23.1%
  • No. Buy a loadbox for the semi-hobbled Badlander and STFU

Votes: 50 76.9%

• Total voters

JiveTurkey

Goatlord
TGF Recording Artist
So time to decide is almost nigh. I have been jamming the TMP through the FR12 and loving it. I have also gotten it going quite nicely through my studio monitors. Very pleased.

Problem being I just don't need it. Duh! FM9, killer amps and Boss guitar synth gear is honestly enough to keep me busy. The TMP sucks with my amps in 4cm and just the development vibe I see is instagram videos and recommendations for cases instead of "hey we're going to fix this batch of oddball issues shortly and get to work on adding some content!". I know it takes time and they have to see how it's going to stick in the already crowded market.

If it was closer to the $1k mark; I'd keep it without a second thought. But that extra pile of $ on top of that $1k is enough to give pause. I could buy a load box for the semi-hobbled Badlander and use it with the FM9 and FR12 or whatever cabs. Thoughts. I have gotten better about enjoying the hoarding process :love

Wet blanket votes will immediately be disqualified.

Problem is that you're not old enough yet. When you get to be my age, sonny, you're lookin' to get rid of as much stuff as you can.

old.jpg

You already have what you need in the FM9 with its mature feature set.

You can always circle back around to the TMP in the future if they've released enough updates to be more compelling.

I'm not sure that 4CM will ever be improved by firmware update though - I'm guessing that would be down to the hardware design, so can't be updated.

I'd send it packing, JT. I've personally given up on the ridiculous fantasy of keeping one of these under the auspices of "backup rigs" at this point. Messing with touchscreen modeling devices is cool and all, but the FM9 is already there and doing pretty much everything the TMP will do - at present.

So time to decide is almost nigh. I have been jamming the TMP through the FR12 and loving it. I have also gotten it going quite nicely through my studio monitors. Very pleased.

Problem being I just don't need it. Duh! FM9, killer amps and Boss guitar synth gear is honestly enough to keep me busy. The TMP sucks with my amps in 4cm and just the development vibe I see is instagram videos and recommendations for cases instead of "hey we're going to fix this batch of oddball issues shortly and get to work on adding some content!". I know it takes time and they have to see how it's going to stick in the already crowded market.

If it was closer to the $1k mark; I'd keep it without a second thought. But that extra pile of $ on top of that $1k is enough to give pause. I could buy a load box for the semi-hobbled Badlander and use it with the FM9 and FR12 or whatever cabs. Thoughts. I have gotten better about enjoying the hoarding process :love

Wet blanket votes will immediately be disqualified.
I've got a Stomp I'll sell you for $500 :D

Man. If this thing were as mature as the Helix, I’d vote for “keep it.” But as it stands, I need to see Fender’s development rate and commitment, and even then I’d feel like I wasn’t getting the full product I invested in for another few years.

But: those Fender models sound sooo good.

Maybe flip a coin and let fate decide. ;)

I was in this situation when I had the Helix Floor, FM3 and QC at the same time. QC was the new thing at the time and the reason I sold it was "I can always buy another one when it arrives to the state I want it to be." I liked what it did at the time just fine, simply didn't want to commit to a work-in-progress device when the FM3 was similar size and a full featured product already.

So I say return it. Use the FM9 with your FR12. Check back in a year or two and see what the modeler world looks then.

What was the issue with the Badlander IR loader again?

Bing has(n't) got an answer:

I can help you with that. I found a review of the Fender Tone Master Pro on Guitar.com 1. The reviewer gave it a rating of 8 out of 10 and called it a “worthy addition to the niche” of floor modellers. The review also mentions that the Tone Master Pro is “ever-so-slightly incomplete on launch” but is “notably high enough” in terms of sound quality to compete with other floor modellers like Neural, Helix, and Kemper 1.

Another review on Guitar World 2 praises the Tone Master Pro for its feel and ease of operation, calling it a “powerful, compact gigging system.” Sweetwater 3 also has a video demo of the Tone Master Pro, which you might find helpful.

Ultimately, whether or not you should keep the Fender Tone Master Pro depends on your personal preferences and needs. I hope this information helps you make an informed decision.

Back