Should I keep it?

Should I keep the TMP?

• Yes. Ride the storm out.

Votes: 15 23.1%
  • No. Buy a loadbox for the semi-hobbled Badlander and STFU

Votes: 50 76.9%

• Total voters
The only, ONLY thing that the TMP has that piqued my interest is the convolution reverb, but that’s not enough to push me over the edge.

Besides, if enough people get aroused by that reverb it’s only a matter of time until Cliff brings it to the Axe FX…

I was under the impression that reverb samples needed to be so long that they were necessarily highly latent, which is manageable for a DAW but not a guitar processor. It's been a while, though, so maybe I am wrong. Maybe the spring reverbs are short, though. It'd be interesting to know if they are costly in terms of latency on the TMP.

Also, IIRC, @FractalAudio was claiming that algorithmic reverbs were 'better' than convolution reverbs when the high quality verbs dropped for the Axe.

EDIT: Okay here is a reference: https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/Amp where I'm at.176587/post-2146237

Looks like FAS already has some "support" for convolution Reverb as long as the sample is short (FullRes IR length). I.e. just load the verb IR into the IR player and go.

That said, though, I would guess memory would be a problem for doing too much beyond the above, since the MK1 does not even support FullRes.

Also looks like the context of the comments were regarding Amp where I'm at rather than general reverb 'betterness'.

Last edited:
Listen I'm all for buying things I don't need but there are so many cool reverb pedals out there that if someone's sole purpose was for a good spring reverb, there has to be a better option than the $1800 TMP (not that JT is doing this)

:blanket
Yeah, a real tube spring reverb would be cheaper. :rofl

I built a unit about 10 yrs ago and there is a lot of nuance that makes them special.

My Suggestion just buy all of them and play whichever you feel like on any given day :beer

1697835071008.png

Back