Should I keep it?

Should I keep the TMP?

• Yes. Ride the storm out.

Votes: 15 23.1%
  • No. Buy a loadbox for the semi-hobbled Badlander and STFU

Votes: 50 76.9%

• Total voters
Since this guy tricked some of y'all into TMP, I'm sure he can do the same with Surfybear.

Never trust a middle-aged dude in an Hawaiian shirt. Ever!

chair island GIF by South Park

I got really frustrated with mine today and plugged into my Fractal for the first time in a couple weeks.

I immediately realized the thing that’s bothering me is this congestion in upper mids when it starts to transition into overdrive. And a papery hard edge to the breakup.

I’m wondering if it has anything to do with oversampling? The Fractal has so much better clarity with amp drive. It’s far more natural sounding.

It’s really too bad the Fractal spring reverb sounds like :barfcompared to TMP

I got really frustrated with mine today and plugged into my Fractal for the first time in a couple weeks.

I immediately realized the thing that’s bothering me is this congestion in upper mids when it starts to transition into overdrive. And a papery hard edge to the breakup.

I’m wondering if it has anything to do with oversampling? The Fractal has so much better clarity with amp drive. It’s far more natural sounding.

Which amp model(s) are we talking about?

The spring reverb on the TMP is exceptional, I agree.

Which amp model(s) are we talking about?

The spring reverb on the TMP is exceptional, I agree.

The Vox model is the worst offender, followed by the JCM800 and Plexi. Fender models aren’t as bad, but I’m starting to hear it across the board. I don’t know exactly what it is, but it reminds me of some plugins that let you select the oversampling the difference between the highest settings and the lowest settings.

It’s like everything sort of smears together more, like lower resolution?

Go check the new Axe-III Beta, Met.

The Vox model is the worst offender, followed by the JCM800 and Plexi. Fender models aren’t as bad, but I’m starting to hear it across the board. I don’t know exactly what it is, but it reminds me of some plugins that let you select the oversampling the difference between the highest settings and the lowest settings.

It’s like everything sort of smears together more, like lower resolution?
I notice something there (AC-30 model) that sounds like a non-frequency related wash of noise in the mid to upper registers. It’s not strong, but it’s there in the background. Does that sound similar to what you hear? I have wondered whether it is modelled cross-over distortion. I like that TMP model but I would prefer I didn’t hear the sound I just described. I’m wondering whether Fender might give us an AC-15 model in the future which should sound similar, particularly through the AC-30 cab, but without cross-over distortion.

New firmware TODAY updated specifically the spring reverb.

The picture he posted is of the model that doesn’t have an IR loader in it. It’s markedly cheaper than the FAS. Just an FYI.
I'm going to get the TMP back and credited to my account then get to shopping :unsure: You like the Suhr?

I'm going to get the TMP back and credited to my account then get to shopping :unsure: You like the Suhr?
Really like it. Its line out is as non colored as I’ve heard in all the loads I’ve had minus the Fryette which is great too but has all the bells and whistles you don’t need. If all I wanted is a load the Suhr RL would be my only consideration. The FAS has never interested me for the price and what it does so I don’t have any experience there.

Really like it. Its line out is as non colored as I’ve heard in all the loads I’ve had minus the Fryette which is great too but has all the bells and whistles you don’t need. If all I wanted is a load the Suhr RL would be my only consideration. The FAS has never interested me for the price and what it does so I don’t have any experience there.
The Suhr is $50 more i think? Not a dealbreaker. I actually really like the bare bones aspect of it. I had a TwoNotes for a bit and didn't like it at all for reasons I can't quite remember.

The Suhr is $50 more i think? Not a dealbreaker. I actually really like the bare bones aspect of it. I had a TwoNotes for a bit and didn't like it at all for reasons I can't quite remember.

Another vote for the Suhr RL. It’s very good and has very minimal fan noise. I can’t bring myself to use the TwoNotes one anymore.

Ohhh I thought it was more expensive? I’ve looked at it before. Well I stand corrected. Yeah then choose whatever floats your boat. I do like the simplicity of the Suhr as well.

Ohhh I thought it was more expensive? I’ve looked at it before. Well I stand corrected. Yeah then choose whatever floats your boat. I do like the simplicity of the Suhr as well.
I'm going for the Suhr if I do anything. Letting the dust settle on the return first though :nails

Back