Sandwiches

A local NJ Italian staple is Calandras. Wholesale and retail bakeries and a couple restaurants. Marone let me tell you we got a loaf of their semolina bread for Sunday dinner, my wife made a sauce and meatballs and I made home made fresh 2 ingredient pasta from scratch. It was like heaven rained down perfection on the dining room table. Dip a little bread in the homemade jarred olives, we grate the Parmesan cheese right at the table. Bottle of wine.

They ate putzi before we gave them the gift of our cuisine. Most folks think Olive Garden is Italian food. Wonder bread wops, they are. That’s not Italian. It’s not even Italian American. It’s spaghetti at McDonald’s.

I don't mind quiznos at all. My pallet accepts both fine dining and gutter junk lol

hell even subway can hit the spot under the right circumstances. namely, being the only thing open early morning on the way into the field. once its 100 degrees and you've been taking rock chip samples all morning that subway is a kings feast by noon
Subway is on the menu today actually :guinessI don't think Quiznos exists anymore which is a shame.

I'm in Georgia and every time I go down to our Florida office

Is that the Sunrise location you’re talking about?? I know where to get the goods down here! There’s actually a pizza/sub shop about 2 miles from the IK office that is pretty bangin’ and used to be my regular spot when I lived out West. You really gotta get East of 95 to get the really good stuff though. Boston Bagel Co imports their water from Boston, Primanti Bros and a couple other joints get their bread from Philly, there’s some italian joints that get their water from NY to boil pasta in. There’s plenty of great stuff, I just had to blow about $10K on Uber Eats last year to find them all. :rofl

Also, my company used to manage a property that is maybe an 1/8th of a mile from the Sunrise office, I never even knew it was the IK office until I looked up the address on the help wanted ad a couple years back. I was there daily for months.

We had a subway by work that gave us the OTJ 5 dollars for anything discount. Had double pastrami foot longs for a few years. It was good for what it was.
Pastrami on rye at Katz has to be a 25 dollar sandwich by now but THATS pastrami.

We had a subway by work that gave us the OTJ 5 dollars for anything discount. Had double pastrami foot longs for a few years. It was good for what it was.
Pastrami on rye at Katz has to be a 25 dollar sandwich by now but THATS pastrami.
About 20 years ago nearly… I ordered some pastrami from Katz’s Deli shipped to my house. It was $24 a pound sliced back then… Staggering costs back then, but man it’s some of the best.

I think their Internet delivery service has taken off far beyond the early days

Before y’all start hatin’, I’ll just drop it right now… 1-800 Loutogo for the real deal Chicago pies lol

About 20 years ago nearly… I ordered some pastrami from Katz’s Deli shipped to my house. It was $24 a pound sliced back then… Staggering costs back then, but man it’s some of the best.

I think their Internet delivery service has taken off far beyond the early days

Before y’all start hatin’, I’ll just drop it right now… 1-800 Loutogo for the real deal Chicago pies lol
Don’t know if you’ve ever been there physically but it’s an experience. A lot of people think it’s a kosher deli but they’re not kosher at all. They’ve been doing mail order for decades now. Big neon sign hanging up “send a salami to your boy in the army”. I used to go there with my dad and get knish and knockwurst on rye. That’s their cheap food right off the grill. Cash only.

I've eaten jersey mikes like 5 times in the last 3 weeks :bag

We have a pretty dank philly place here called Denver Ted's. One of two place out here I've encountered that actually uses cheese whiz. The other being the Grateful Gnome... a grateful dead themed west virginia (is WV known for their delis?) deli and brewery. The sandwiches are pretty delicious there, and its a cool atmosphere and good live music, but the beer is absolutely horrible

I don't mind quiznos at all. My pallet accepts both fine dining and gutter junk lol

hell even subway can hit the spot under the right circumstances. namely, being the only thing open early morning on the way into the field. once its 100 degrees and you've been taking rock chip samples all morning that subway is a kings feast by noon

I am such a packer of the lunches. I get ridiculed for it by my teenage son constantly. He's embarrassed by my Grandma tendencies.

We eat damn good, though. Even on roadtrips I have avoided the Fast Food necessity by packing a cooler full of Grandma-inspired
delights and goodies. :LOL:

I've eaten jersey mikes like 5 times in the last 3 weeks :bag

We have a pretty dank philly place here called Denver Ted's. One of two place out here I've encountered that actually uses cheese whiz. The other being the Grateful Gnome... a grateful dead themed west virginia (is WV known for their delis?) deli and brewery. The sandwiches are pretty delicious there, and its a cool atmosphere and good live music, but the beer is absolutely horrible

Jersey mikes makes an amazing mushroom and cheese thing. I have to be there and ask them to clean a spot on the grill because I dont eat meat but the few times I had it it was fantastic.

WV is known for rednecks who send the women out to bring home the bacon, and bacon in this case being Marlboros, beer and meth.

Brad Paisley is from WV so all is forgiven. Debt paid in full.

Everything you have heard about NYC is probably true.

I am such a packer of the lunches. I get ridiculed for it by my teenage son constantly. He's embarrassed by my Grandma tendencies.

We eat damn good, though. Even on roadtrips I have avoided the Fast Food necessity by packing a cooler full of Grandma-inspired
delights and goodies. :LOL:
Soooooo, linty lifesavers from the bottom of a purse for everyone???

My Jewish grandma used to take me to lunch then call my mom to bitch she cant afford to take me to lunch.

Soooooo, linty lifesavers from the bottom of a purse for everyone???

My Jewish grandma used to take me to lunch then call my mom to b*tch she cant afford to take me to lunch.

Haha! Wow! So the stereotypes are real sometimes?

I hit the Grandma jackpot twice. Lucky. Both had Farms while I was growing up. Lots of
farm to table freshness, humility, and life lessons.

Is that the Sunrise location you’re talking about?? I know where to get the goods down here! There’s actually a pizza/sub shop about 2 miles from the IK office that is pretty bangin’ and used to be my regular spot when I lived out West. You really gotta get East of 95 to get the really good stuff though. Boston Bagel Co imports their water from Boston, Primanti Bros and a couple other joints get their bread from Philly, there’s some italian joints that get their water from NY to boil pasta in. There’s plenty of great stuff, I just had to blow about $10K on Uber Eats last year to find them all. :rofl

Also, my company used to manage a property that is maybe an 1/8th of a mile from the Sunrise office, I never even knew it was the IK office until I looked up the address on the help wanted ad a couple years back. I was there daily for months.
Yes! Feel free to PM suggestions. I typically try to pick up a bunch of stuff at Doris Italian grocery shop (they have a nice mortadella and the homemade Italian dishes are fantastic) but I'd like to branch out and sometimes want more than that. There was a nice Italian restaurant in Jacaranda that I enjoyed a couple times that I'll surely go back to next time. The sub shop I remember as being great was called Sharpie's but they closed a while back and weren't as good after they changed owners a bit before they were gone. I know Primanto Bros well as I lived in Pittsburgh for over a decade, I think they are good but a bit overhyped to be honest. Must be all the paid YouTubers hyping them like that guitar pedal that loads tone captures ;)
I think you are on the nose. Our guy in Long Island was supposed to join a call I was just on but he couldn't. I'll ask him if he's been there recently but I think it is 24 and change or 25 and change. I'll take you to Vegas next time I go :) OK, being a Jersey boy I'll take you to Atlantic City instead.

Yes! Feel free to PM suggestions. I typically try to pick up a bunch of stuff at Doris Italian grocery shop (they have a nice mortadella and the homemade Italian dishes are fantastic) but I'd like to branch out and sometimes want more than that. There was a nice Italian restaurant in Jacaranda that I enjoyed a couple times that I'll surely go back to next time. The sub shop I remember as being great was called Sharpie's but they closed a while back and weren't as good after they changed owners a bit before they were gone. I know Primanto Bros well as I lived in Pittsburgh for over a decade, I think they are good but a bit overhyped to be honest. Must be all the paid YouTubers hyping them like that guitar pedal that loads tone captures ;)

I think you are on the nose. Our guy in Long Island was supposed to join a call I was just on but he couldn't. I'll ask him if he's been there recently but I think it is 24 and change or 25 and change. I'll take you to Vegas next time I go :) OK, being a Jersey boy I'll take you to Atlantic City instead.
I’m up north in Wanaque. Played AC quite a bit last summer, I dont think I saw pastrami once (or much good to eat at all in that town). Lots of quick check and Wawa stops on my way the hell out of there back home with stuff I shouldnt be eating and 7 monster drinks for the ride. Depending how late it was, I’d make it but would normally fizzle out somewhere over the Sayreville (Driscoll bridge?) bridge and route 3. State police dont reflect kindly on side of the road campers, especially ones dressed like clowns after a gig but that is a horse of a different color. BTW, I’m lookin hard at those precision monitors. Hearing lots of good things about them. Heard them shot out against a pair of Focals and they sounded better than they should have.

Back