NGD! This one is really special

A proper Superstrat, YES.

It was about time. I’ve been dancing around the idea of a Super Strat for a while now and the dates of the opening of the theater that I was using for inspiration line up pretty well with Super Strats, so it seemed like a natural fit.

I built something almost the same in the late eighties for myself. Walnut soloist body and rosewood warmoth neck HSH with metal surrounds only real difference was I used a Floyd ( it was the 80s).

I was a little worried about the PAF Pros with Walnut, but they seem to work together well!

I am in love with PAF Pro pickups!

I had never tried them before so it was a gamble, but I might have found my favorite humbuckers. They split so well!

Now I’m really thinking about trying a set in my LP :unsure:
After spending most of the weekend playing my JS6 (PAF Pro and FRED), I’m going to have to agree with you. I think these sit right in the sweet spot for an A5 humbucker IMO.

I did have to adjust my presets a little due to them being dialed in for a JB, but I’m really happy with the results. I may try something similar to the PAF Pros in my PRS.

DiMarzio gets a lot of shit for not being “booteek,” but they obviously know what they’re doing. Plus their matched sets just work great for the in-between tones.

Me like!

I’ve had H/S/H on all my solid bodies for decades now, switchable….imho best way to go if you need to cover a lot of ground soundwise.

Back