Sandwiches

Pastrami going into the oven. I would smoke it, but it is 18 fucking degrees outside. :wat

20230312_200402.jpg

20230316_231010.jpg

Not authentic, but I hope that's ok. Pastrami turned out great. I may have used too much Paprika
and Peppercorn, but like the amped up spice and bite. Pickled Red Onions, Sourdough, Japanese
Mayo, Swiss Cheese. A total bastardization of a Sandwich. Just like me. :LOL:

View attachment 5379

Not authentic, but I hope that's ok. Pastrami turned out great. I may have used too much Paprika
and Peppercorn, but like the amped up spice and bite. Pickled Red Onions, Sourdough, Japanese
Mayo, Swiss Cheese. A total bastardization of a Sandwich. Just like me. :LOL:

Love the pickled onions! Looking great .

(Just learned that pho has vinegared onions in it)

Love the pickled onions! Looking great .

(Just learned that pho has vinegared onions in it)

Love them Pickled Red Onions. They make everything better. :love

I don't think I'll make Pastrami again. Just way too much work for 3-4lbs of deli meat. Have too
many hours into it. Losing money! :LOL:

I’ve picked up some local chickens that were pasture raised… so they’re more muscled than your cage bird. I decided that they need to be brined overnight - but I hear you on the extra work!

(such good looking meat, skin and fat … smells good too. Not what you see in the store here.)

I’ve been assigned shepherds pie here for the evening, so I think I’m gonna go crack a bottle of wine in the kitchen.

Luckily it’s simple, poor bog people food. Not difficult. 👍🍄👀

I’ve picked up some local chickens that were pasture raised… so they’re more muscled than your cage bird. I decided that they need to be brined overnight - but I hear you on the extra work!

(such good looking meat, skin and fat … smells good too. Not what you see in the store here.)

I’ve been assigned shepherds pie here for the evening, so I think I’m gonna go crack a bottle of wine in the kitchen.

Luckily it’s simple, poor bog people food. Not difficult. 👍🍄👀

What's the weight on a bird like that?

I actually tapped out on the full on Katz Pastrami method. I guess you are supposed to steam it in the final step and
by then I was over it. :brick

Back