Quad Cortex PCOM (Plugin COMpatibility) slated by Q2 2024

However last night, NOTHING sounded good to me. I was ready to throw my stuff in the trash. Hopefully playing again today with some fresh ears will help. Even the 5153 sounded wrong so it wasn't even a digital issue.
We all have those days. Weather, your mood, illness etc can all have the "everything sounds like shit, ugh, I want to sell all gear I own" effect when just one day ago you were "I'm a guitar god and everything I play sounds like heaven!"

I've dipped my toes in the FM3 pool now, and as great as it sounds... my opinion is you're in a good place already, unless you are having some very specific problem with the QC.

Yes, I've owned the FM3 and FM9T and agree, the QC is best for me, at this point.

If FAS made something between those two in size/weight/switches, like an FM6 the size of the HXFX, with 4cm strengths equivalent to the FM9, I'd be all over it.

But I'm currently loving playing QC captures of my own amp and love how quick it is to operate. Also find the effects I use to work well for me.

(It's just hanging around here that keeps the low FAS flame burning steady :grin .)

And agree, I've never cared about QC plugin compatibility, either.

All I read was blah blah blah blah blah...... same song......
Imo NDSP is in a tough spot (mind you they created their situation so I have no sympathy) but if they don't provide these "useless" updates, people will complain about them being silent. But if they do provide them, people will say they lack substance. I guess both can be true but there is no way for them to win until they start pushing out features

Honestly I think there's a “Fractal proximity high” from spending so much time here. I always have a low-level “maybe I should just FAS it up” buzz going on… :rofl
😂 Stick with what you like! Trust me, there are days where I'm like "Fractal isn't open sounding enough, it sounds too boxy, how much is a Kemper again?"

But at the end of the day, the fractal inspires me the most and gets me playing.

Buy a III. Make all your dreams come true :chef

Walk Towards Stairway To Heaven GIF by Mashed

natalie portman heaven GIF

We all have those days. Weather, your mood, illness etc can all have the "everything sounds like shit, ugh, I want to sell all gear I own" effect when just one day ago you were "I'm a guitar god and everything I play sounds like heaven!"

Just yesterday I had to call it quits for the day, try as I might, my ears/hands just weren’t cooperating with me and it did not matter how much I’ve professed my love for Fractal or my ability to dial in whatever I want whenever I want, some days it just ain’t happening.

:ROFLMAO: Much more interested in the non-paywalled content additions for this year, whatever they may be.
Any word as to whether 2.3.0 will include any new content or improvements? It seems odd that they'd do a full minor revision just to give their official blessing to functionality that was already working in beta. :idk

This has always been my frustration with the QC. When you owned it in the early launch window the features were such a concern because it was assumed native content would be pushed aggressively. Like that was taken as a given. Except that’s not really been the case either.

In the calendar year the QC added 4 amps, a delay, and two stomps.

Before 2.2 you could get cute with timeframes and find a period where 1 amp was released in 14 months.

They go to great lengths to say new plug-in development does not affect native content or old plug-in updates, but that would actually be a better excuse, because in lieu of that, what explains the huge droughts of content?

The truth is of course they have a limited amount of capability and they have multiple pipelines to feed, all of which affect one or the other. Plugins have actually been a burden to users, because Neural is left to devote resources to filling that promise at the expense of other development. Once they release compatibility (which appears to now be a staggered release of compatible plugs, which will likely last all year, if not longer) I’m not sure if it’s going to be anything other than a symbolic victory.

One thing that struck me on my second go round with the QC was how similar it was to my first go round from a content perspective. In three years, they’ve released two new delays, the plate reverbs (yeah it didn’t launch with plate reverb), a handful of overdrives and fuzz, and maybe 10 amps. In Fractal land that’s called “Fall Updates” :ROFLMAO:

Edit: There was the chorus update that added a bunch of chorus options and the new flanger.

It’s such a fun device to use, which is what ultimately makes the whole thing all that much more frustrating. If they were cranking out native content with any sort of fixed reliability all of this plug-in stupidity would be pointless, and users wouldn’t grow bored waiting for something, anything, to happen.

Last edited:
Back