Quad Cortex PCOM (Plugin COMpatibility) slated by Q2 2024

I think this would've been a huge income boost for NDSP a year or two ago. Now I just think their plugins are old news - relative to the content on QC. Archetype: Rabea is the only one that has any sort of unobtanium (e.g. the synth parts) to my ears.

If you have 'em already, cool, I guess.....but am I going to want to shell out $100 in 2024 just to add a Fortin Cali amp model or Tone King amp? $100 more for some Gojira or Animals as Leaders presets?

Much more interested in the non-paywalled content additions for this year, whatever they may be.

On a side note, I did sell my QC today. I'm sticking to "this is my last foray" mindset.

The QC sounds pretty good but I just know my way around fractal and want to stick to that one brand. It just feels redundant having more than one.

However last night, NOTHING sounded good to me. I was ready to throw my stuff in the trash. Hopefully playing again today with some fresh ears will help. Even the 5153 sounded wrong so it wasn't even a digital issue.

I think I'll hold with my QC $$$, wait to see what NAMM brings, and decide from there.

On a side note, I did sell my QC today. I'm sticking to "this is my last foray" mindset.

The QC sounds pretty good but I just know my way around fractal and want to stick to that one brand. It just feels redundant having more than one.

However last night, NOTHING sounded good to me. I was ready to throw my stuff in the trash. Hopefully playing again today with some fresh ears will help. Even the 5153 sounded wrong so it wasn't even a digital issue.

I think I'll hold with my QC $$$, wait to see what NAMM brings, and decide from there.

I actually had the same issue yesterday, nothing sounded good. Had to chalk it up to 4 days in a row spent actively listening/tracking/mixing and needing a legit break. Went to track guitars for a song, went through every guitar I own with the same presets and wasn’t happy, once I started dialing in new ones I cut it short and took the night off. At this point I know it’s not a guitar/preset issue and it’s me!

@Mongillo19 are you experiencing sinus issues? Being sick can really mess with your hearing.
Honestly, I've been having sinus headaches the past few days....you might be on to something. Last night was definitely the worst. I kept checking my DAW seeing if I had a plugin running or something wired wrong it was that off sounding lol

I'm going to go with your theory of sinus issues!

"soon" continues to do lots of heavy lifting in QC land hahahahaha

I have every reason to believe they'll hit the "Q2" date for this. When it drops, of course, only a few "X" titles will be available, but that's a complaint for another day.

The thing is, if you've had a QC since launch or near then, haven't you had a ton of time to either recreate your favorite plugin presets with pre-existing models on the QC anyway or stopped caring about it and moved on? Three years after the fact just reduced the idea to overpriced presets. Contrast that with big-name Fractal artists giving away multiscene presets for free every December....it just looks like a pretty poor value after all's been said and done.

Doug will come round yer house and turn you into a protein patty for his workouts, if you pirate their stuff.
DI actually made a similar threat when I asked what would happen if I registered Helix Native and then sold my Helix. :rofl

I have every reason to believe they'll hit the "Q2" date for this. When it drops, of course, only a few "X" titles will be available, but that's a complaint for another day.

The thing is, if you've had a QC since launch or near then, haven't you had a ton of time to either recreate your favorite plugin presets with pre-existing models on the QC anyway or stopped caring about it and moved on? Three years after the fact just reduced the idea to overpriced presets. Contrast that with big-name Fractal artists giving away multiscene presets for free every December....it just looks like a pretty poor value after all's been said and done.
End of Q2 gives them a pretty long runway that basically till end of June and at any point they could make an announcement that they are not going to be able to meet the goals of the previous announcement
But there will be a dance party at Namm celebrating the official release of the non beta editor and the size of their booth

IMG_0949.gif

Much more interested in the non-paywalled content additions for this year, whatever they may be.
I'm always more interested in whatever's free LOL. The million dollar question is: will NDSP's newfound ability to paywall content mean no more free/native content whatsoever? It's not like they were overwhelming us with new models before...

Archetype: Rabea is the only one that has any sort of unobtanium (e.g. the synth parts) to my ears.
I think @Mongillo19 mentioned something about the new Morgan suite including a nice reverb. That has my attention. (But it should be freely available on QC IMO.)

I'm always more interested in whatever's free LOL. The million dollar question is, will NDSP's newfound ability to paywall content mean no more free/native content whatsoever. It's not like they were overwhelming us with new models before...

I think @Mongillo19 mentioned something about the new Morgan suite including a nice reverb. That has my attention. (But it should be freely available on QC IMO.)

I think most of the plugins had better reverb than the generic stuffs of all of the 1.x firmware updates (I hopped off the train just prior to 2.0). Definitely Plini and Abasi did, but I gave up on the plugins and sold any NDSP ones I had off as well. Will take other people at their word that Archetype: Mateus Asato, Tone King and the Morgan suite have much better reverbs too.

It is interesting that they've been dead quiet on new non-paywalled content.

The QC sounds pretty good but I just know my way around fractal and want to stick to that one brand.

Honestly I think there's a “Fractal proximity high” from spending so much time here. I always have a low-level “maybe I should just FAS it up” buzz going on… :rofl

It is telling that they chose to include the comment about how releasing / updating plugins has no affect on the speed at which they will finally deliver on the promise of plugin compatibility for the QC. They must be seeing all the comments in the forums complaining that the company diverts too many resources to developing new plugins when all people want is for the plugins to actually work on the QC.
And like... no way this is true.

Honestly I think there's a “Fractal proximity high” from spending so much time here. I always have a low-level “maybe I should just FAS it up” buzz going on… :rofl
I've dipped my toes in the FM3 pool now, and as great as it sounds... my opinion is you're in a good place already, unless you are having some very specific problem with the QC.

Back