Votes: 13 50.0%
  • Nay

Votes: 6 23.1%
  • Meh

Votes: 7 26.9%

• Total voters
You were listening to Audioslave. There's your problem :rollsafe
I thought Morello’s vocal lines were better

Soungarden had a couple of decent tunes , I have a a problem with anything that really noisy , so I appreciate the energy of some of those bands but note choices not so much

That said ,I did like AIC and STP , STP was really unique no one IMO sounded quite like them and the music was melodically interesting and well arranged

Don't forget this also Nu-Metal

This I also liked, the do that syncopated industrial thing probably better than anyone
Down with the Sickness, and some of the later albums are good to , surprisingly I really enjoyed the one that most hated Evolution, there is some crap on there but also some great songwriting on there

Enjoy it
Your wife will have your chores scheduled for you when you get home.
Does she create a spreadsheet for you 😂
hahahahaha No just old fashioned Pen and paper lists My wife wishes her Cell phone had a rotary dialer on it hahahaha
I'm the technomage in the house

PS im Home i work from home so I can still hear the old lady barking out orders hahahaha

:LOL:

This I also liked, the do that syncopated industrial thing probably better than anyone
Down with the Sickness, and some of the later albums are good to , surprisingly I really enjoyed the one that most hated Evolution, there is some crap on there but also some great songwriting on there
Yeah Dan Donegan can dish out the Brootz for sure

(y)

I understand this isn't your forte, but we need to establish some things here;

Lyrically: Dreadful, some of the worst
Musically: Great riffs, more groove than a lot of metal (which can be overly rigid)
Sonically: Some amazing production and cool sounds that still hold up well now. Killer tones
Songwriting: By and large, bad. The better “songs” were by bands on the periphery of the genre. Even the better more clever songs are unlikely to make it onto a Rolling Stone “best of” list. Lyrics probably a limiting factor.

I love nu metal in a lot of ways, but I also accept that it’s one of the worst genres ever to exist. I suppose in a lot of ways, hair metal can be like that - hasn’t aged particularly well, but there’s elements of it that still have their charm and it invokes a certain nostalgia for people who grew up around it.

I think I largely listen to some nu metal still because the production and guitar riffs are so good. Deftones rule too but I’m not sure I’d class them as nu metal.

I like One Step Closer for manufactured caveman headbang reasons :satan :rofl but I fucking hate Linkin Park. One of the most overrated vocalists ever imo.
chris farley art GIF

Back