Like or Not the choice is yours

• Yay

Votes: 13 50.0%
  • Nay

Votes: 6 23.1%
  • Meh

Votes: 7 26.9%

• Total voters
A few of my bandmates at the time loved some of the tracks, but for some reason I just never grasped on to it. Same with Korn.:idk
To my ears at the time; it was a mix of Maiden and Slayer inspired riffs without sounding like either filtered through the time period with a very Dead Kennedys vocal approach. I LOVED the shit out of those first two albums. Toxicity is peak for me.

To my ears at the time; it was a mix of Maiden and Slayer inspired riffs without sounding like either filtered through the time period with a very Dead Kennedys vocal approach. I LOVED the shit out of those first two albums. Toxicity is peak for me.
I respect the musicianship and interesting arrangements, but if the vocals or melodic content doesn't grab me I just can't get into it for very long.

Excuse Me What GIF

I voted Meh. I liked Faith No More, very early 311. Were they considered Nu metal?
But most of the later 90's and early 2000's metal I kind of glazed over.

Mike Patton's comments on nu-metal-

“Nu-metal makes my stomach turn. Don’t blame that poo poo on us, blame it on their mothers! Do you think I listen to any of that stuff at all? No, it’s for 13-year-old morons! Believe me, we’ll all be laughing about nu-metal in a couple of years. Heck, I’m actually laughing at it now!”

:rofl :rofl :rofl

They were definitely proto-nu-metal, the rap/metal aspects of some of the stuff on The Real Thing, the samples all over their music, the merging of different genres. And every fucking nu-metal drummer rips off Mike Bordin. The "Midlife Crisis" drumbeat basically became the blueprint for nu-metal drums.

(timestamped)

Every nu-metal band has snagged that groove at some point in their career. It's in a shitload of Korn songs alone. Hell, Mike Bordin filled in for Silvera back in the day.

(Silverburst RG7620 is hot sex juice)

Mike Patton's comments on nu-metal-

“Nu-metal makes my stomach turn. Don’t blame that poo poo on us, blame it on their mothers! Do you think I listen to any of that stuff at all? No, it’s for 13-year-old morons! Believe me, we’ll all be laughing about nu-metal in a couple of years. Heck, I’m actually laughing at it now!”

:rofl :rofl :rofl

They were definitely proto-nu-metal, the rap/metal aspects of some of the stuff on The Real Thing, the samples all over their music, the merging of different genres. And every fucking nu-metal drummer rips off Mike Bordin. The "Midlife Crisis" drumbeat basically became the blueprint for nu-metal drums.

(timestamped)

Every nu-metal band has snagged that groove at some point in their career. It's in a shitload of Korn songs alone. Hell, Mike Bordin filled in for Silvera back in the day.

“Nu-metal makes my stomach turn. Don’t blame that poo poo on us, blame it on their mothers!

Makes me love Patton even more.:rofl

Let's just appreciate Mike Patton for a minute-

I never realized how much this song had the nu-metal vibe before nu-metal was a thing-

(I had this whole show on a bootleg in the 90's, I wrote "FNM SNARF" on it specifically because of 1:55)

Back