Like or Not the choice is yours

• Yay

Votes: 13 50.0%
  • Nay

Votes: 6 23.1%
  • Meh

Votes: 7 26.9%

• Total voters
Slipknot and Korn have been at the top of the heap for decades now. I think it's safe to say both those bands have a fairly equal draw and have no problems selling out arenas, which is pretty impressive considering how much of a joke nu metal was to the masses when it first came out.
Whether or not those bands still sound like nu-metal as we knew it in the late 90's is subjective, they've both, IMO, progressed as time has gone on.
So Nu-metal is like 25 years old 😳

You know me. I am very (idiotically) specific about my likes and dislikes :bag:ROFLMAO:. Chester (srsly; who the fuck sticks with the name Chester when they are a world famous lead singer :wat:poop:) is absolutely one of those. No balls, whiny as fuck to my ears and processed beyond oblivion over top of music that puts me to sleep in the wrong ways.

I think he was a HORRIBLE choice for STP beyond that. Obviously; I am in the minority on this one :sofa:rofl
It’s ok Jive , I have mine
My singer loves Cornell and I really could not stand his voice
His highs were shrill AF and his lows and cadence in a ballad “like a stone” annoyed me he could not stay in key was flat or sharp , monotone
Uninspiring
They had a couple of decent songs but as a singer his tone and inflections just did not do it for me

His highs were shrill AF and his lows and cadence in a ballad “like a stone” annoyed me he could not stay in key was flat or sharp , monotone
Uninspiring
They had a couple of decent songs but as a singer his tone and inflections just did not do it for me

Go Away Reaction GIF

Get Out Birth GIF

Angry Black And White GIF

kristen wiig gtfo GIF

Get Out Of Here GIF by filmeditor

Uninspiring
You were listening to Audioslave. There's your problem :rollsafe

That was actually my gripe with him when I first heard him. I thought he was perfect for angry 14 year olds. :rofl That's part of the reason I thought they were a plant!!!

That was around the time I started taking singing seriously and once I understood what he was doing technique wise my outlook changed immensely. Like James LaBrie, the tone of the voice may not be pleasing, but what they've done with their range and technical capabilities is really, really above a majority of singers. LaBrie obviously, but Chester had plenty of his own things.
Agree on all of this. Both of those singers I just reallllllly hate all the styles they used and the overarching sound of their voices. Agreed as well on shit tier Ross Robinson productions. He got the performances out of the bands but it would have been really cool if they didn't sound like shit :hmm:rofl

I voted Meh. I liked Faith No More, very early 311. Were they considered Nu metal?
But most of the later 90's and early 2000's metal I kind of glazed over.

I voted Meh. I liked Faith No More, very early 311. Were they considered Nu metal?
But most of the later 90's and early 2000's metal I kind of glazed over.
Also, and not exactly Nu metal I'm guessing, but I dug bands like - Ministry, White Zombie, early RHCP, Pantera, Megadeth, Corrosion of Conformity, stuff like that.

This album is one of the absolute GOATs of that era. I can see someone not liking them but I think it's masterpiece. :chef :chef :chef
A few of my bandmates at the time loved some of the tracks, but for some reason I just never grasped on to it. Same with Korn.:idk

Back