Not sure if this is Digital related. Or a rant. Or who knows what to be honest.

Ugh, that switch. Only Roland could have taken something that could have/ should have been so simple, and made it so counter-intuitive. Oh well, I guess there's one thing to be said for having zero controls on the GK5: none of them will be wonky.
So my pedalboard has the GR window partially obscured. On top of the encoder being broken and not being able to change GK pickup settings; I am not seeing a place in the menus where I can disable the GK switch. Which is as about as dumb as someone not realizing they have it set to GK only and standing on stage with their head up their proverbial you know what

:cuss

You know me. Get EVERYTHING away from the guitar, control wise. Expression pedal or gtfo.

Your rig world is clearly falling apart, JT.

Falling Down Oops GIF by Minnesota State University Moorhead

:LOL:

Can I send you some duct tape, bubble gum, and aluminum foil to put it all back together?? :idk
Will Forte GIF by MacGruber

If the entire decade of the 80s—culturally, musically, aesthetically—was summed up in one wang-necked instrument.

But otoh, it was a design/ergonomic marvel.

Possibly the two most stunning aspects for guitar players (I played a Synthaxe once, just for 2-3 hours, but still):

- All frets have the same distance. This is feeling super weird but you're getting used quickly as I seem to remember. And obviously, that's a great thing. If that was possible with physically sounding strings (which it obviously isn't), you could build an instrument with the ideal fret spacing following the player's wishes.

- The different angle of picking and fingering strings. That's just kickass. I already noticed it after maybe 10 minutes of adjusting to the weirdness. I'm sure we all know how much easier it is to finger complexed left hand shapes once you angle your neck up in an almost classical fashion. Just that this goes completely out of the window once you play with a pick (or while standing, with the guitar hanging somewhat lower than in seated position). For pretty much all typical flat picking positions, it's much more comfortable in case the strings are sort of like in an 90° angle towards your body axis. Now, the Synthaxe offers maximum comfort for both issues, no more compromises.

But otoh, it was a design/ergonomic marvel.

Possibly the two most stunning aspects for guitar players (I played a Synthaxe once, just for 2-3 hours, but still):

- All frets have the same distance. This is feeling super weird but you're getting used quickly as I seem to remember. And obviously, that's a great thing. If that was possible with physically sounding strings (which it obviously isn't), you could build an instrument with the ideal fret spacing following the player's wishes.

- The different angle of picking and fingering strings. That's just kickass. I already noticed it after maybe 10 minutes of adjusting to the weirdness. I'm sure we all know how much easier it is to finger complexed left hand shapes once you angle your neck up in an almost classical fashion. Just that this goes completely out of the window once you play with a pick (or while standing, with the guitar hanging somewhat lower than in seated position). For pretty much all typical flat picking positions, it's much more comfortable in case the strings are sort of like in an 90° angle towards your body axis. Now, the Synthaxe offers maximum comfort for both issues, no more compromises.
For sure! I should’ve put a ;) after my comment.

Did you have a chance to try it standing up? I’m curious how well those optimized ergonomics translate to a standing position. Also how heavy was it?

I had a look last night at how much they’ve sold for recently… almost as much as vintage Strats cost nowadays! :rofl

Did you have a chance to try it standing up?

Unfortunately not. They actually didn't exactly want to hand it to me at first, so asking for a strap would've possibly lowered my chances of getting my dirty hands on it. Fwiw, it was quite some years after the "hype" (if there ever was one) in a kind of museum-alike vintage room of a music shop in Hamburg, running into a stack of synths that apparently weren't exactly programmed to suit guitar-style playing (and I had zero ideas about how to improve the situation), so the overall experience was mixed. But as I already owned my own GK3/GI-10 combo, I was absolutely stunned by the tracking.

Also how heavy was it?

I really don't remember. But if it had been particularly heavy or light, I'd surely remember, so my guess would be along the lines of a regular electric guitar.

Back