NMD: Taking a spin with Tonex

1723756294098.png

Two channels and three modes. (don't use the simple clean channel)
The blue side is tighter and where I live for leads and heavy stuff.
Purple is thicker with more give. Don't like it gained up but dialed down in Classic mode it's perfect EOB.

According to Rhodes, Classic = 80s Marshall, Vintage HG = 90s modded Marshall, and Full Sat = SLO lead channel

#1 blue, vintage HG, pretty gained up
#2 blue, full sat, same gain and EQ as #1
#3 purple, classic, low gain

Been living like this for a few days and really don't need anything else.

WHAT DIDN'T WORK
Fell right back into too much fiddling about with the whole box tethered to a PC thing.

I still got both the Myasnikov (Soldano) and PAL800 (Marshall) pre-amp pedals to mix things up.

Last edited:
View attachment 26604

Two channels and three modes. (don't use the simple clean channel)
The blue side is tighter and where I live for leads and heavy stuff.
Purple is thicker with more give. Don't like it gained up but dialed down in Classic mode it's perfect EOB.

According to Rhodes Classic = 80s Marshall, Vintage HG = 90s modded Marshall, and Full Sat = SLO lead channel

#1 blue, vintage HG, pretty gained up
#2 blue, full sat, same gain as #1
#3 purple, classic, low gain

Been living like this for a few days and really don't need anything else.

WHAT DIDN'T WORK
Fell right back into too much fiddling about with the whole box tethered to a PC thing.

I still got both the Myasnikov (Soldano) and PAL800 (Marshall) pre-amp pedals to mix things up.
I had the Ceres a very long time ago. Would love to try one again!

I had a Ceres before the Vesta. Ceres is really voiced to take de-tuned and 7-8 string stuff.
Vesta is way more my speed. Both insanely great though.
I may have to try the Vesta at some point! The Ceres just didn't do it for me but I agree it was more catered to very low things and extended range

Back