The modeler conundrum in 2023

Hey @Stone out of curiosity, how much did it cost you all in to get the FM9 in CAD. What were your import frees like?

There are no extra import fees. Everything is included in the shipping from the US. What you see at checkout on the FAS site is what you pay in total to get the product to your door. Prices are in USD, though.

Here's what I paid to have an FM9 Turbo sent to Ontario (13% Sales Tax) November 30th 2022:

Screenshot 2023-07-01 at 2.07.27 PM.png

giphy.gif

Edit: False alarm I guess. 10 days will seem like years. lol
Nah

I'll use the time to make a few gear flipping hard decisions and sell a couple of things I was hesitant to sell earlier.

I don't want to do this half way then regret not getting the modeler I really want.
It's got to be the FM9.

Vintage Amps & rack processors coming soon to the classified section. :beer

Last edited:
Lots of different stuff but what impresses me the most about Fractal's models is the edge of breakup tones like the Matchless & Fender tones. It seems like all of them do Marshall & Mesa tone well.
Plugins 10-15 years ago did a good Marshall. The IK JIMI Hendrix plugin comes to mind.

I saw that your link said they were available, tried to order and now they are not. No invite email either. I'm not sure what the scoop is now. I got on the wait list March 27th. I guess they weren't able to produce enough to clear the wait list. :cry:

I'll wait to see if I get an email. If not I guess I'll be buying something else.

Odd, Availability means stock available, not attributed to what was already reserved from waitlist
:unsure:

It's definitely odd.
1*WpB-1uJaKyvY3Kb3SOsQfg.jpeg

Dual amp with reverb & delay on both would be my most resource hungry preset. Can the HX Stomp handle that?
As far as I remember, Native has a compatibility mode that enforces the same DSP limitations of an HX hardware device of choice, so you can test any combination a blocks and see if that would be feasible.

Dual amp with reverb & delay on both would be my most resource hungry preset. Can the HX Stomp handle that?

I think I want the HX Stomp XL because I like the cable routing with that one best.

Yeah. It will likely depend on the specific blocks used, but i reckon you could fit those no problem. For reference, i recently watched a John Cordy video where he builds a dual amp+cab preset, with overdrive, tape delay and reverb - just shy of what you'd need.

Screenshot from 2023-07-03 16-35-44.png

Helix has dramatically improved DSP usage with firmware 3.50. And, as @vino_buono mentioned, you can test the Stomp's limits on your PC if you happen to have Helix Native.

Last edited:
Back