New to Modeling and Want to Dip my Toe in the Water

Just do it:

Doesn't meet all your criteria, but that's an amazing deal, just for the effects alone!

Edit:

Oh, and btw the factory presets and the paid ones he's selling it with, you won't even need to bother creating any, I'd wager my paycheck on.

$650 for an FM3 is a really solid deal. I can't recall seeing going for less than that ever. That said, the OP specifically stated that he doesn't want to menu dive. IMO, that rules out Fractal. The plus side is that he could probably make a few hundred flipping it at that price.

$650 for an FM3 is a really solid deal. I can't recall seeing going for less than that ever. That said, the OP specifically stated that he doesn't want to menu dive. IMO, that rules out Fractal. The plus side is that he could probably make a few hundred flipping it at that price.
“I don’t want to menu surf”

“Fractal is easy. Just surf on over to the preset menu by hitting that right page button a couple of times and scroll away”

Oh, and btw the factory presets and the paid ones he's selling it with, you won't even need to bother creating any, I'd wager my paycheck on.
Which is a good thing, because trying to do so would probably kill him. ;)

Seriously though, that is an amazing deal. OP should consider jumping on it if it’s still available.

lol at this point we’ve recommended everything there is!

I would totally jump on that FM3 if available. Killer deal. Great modeler.
Womens Basketball Sport GIF by NCAA March Madness

There's 15 on the Verb and only 2 are under a grand, $809 and $900.

Doesn't $650 sound a bit suspect to you guys?

There's 15 on the Verb and only 2 are under a grand, $809 and $900.

Doesn't $650 sound a bit suspect to you guys?
Reverb is the worst for used fractal gear. Imo the best place to look is the fractal forum. I've seen a couple FM3s go for that cheap before and if it's from a regular user on the forum, I wouldn't stress.

Now if they were a new member, I'd be more concerned. But if you pay goods and services shouldn't be an issue

I haven’t had a PayPal deal go south in god knows how many transactions. I had one reverb deal go bad as a seller but paid for protection so was completely covered. I always do goods and services PayPal and will pay a bit extra to cover fees if the seller asks.

I will say if you don’t need a lot of switches and are not afraid of learning the device, the FM3 especially at used prices is fantastic. But you will need to accept the learning curve. Thats where I’m less inclined to recommend to “dip toes”.

On the flip side something like headrush is super easy to use and figure out but the sounds may or may not do it for you. Honestly that headrush core thing may be worth exploring or even the older gigboard or mx5. Really simple to setup and use. Just not as modern tech on the sonic side.

And hx stomp is somewhere in between.

I find it more suspect that so many people want more money for one than Fractal Audio does. :unsure:

I'll be honest, I've almost always sold my Fractal gear on Reverb because I can get close to full retail for it.

Last time I sold my FM3, the buyer was kind of suspicious and I asked before accepting the sale because he had bought nearly every one that was previously listed for sale. He basically said he was bringing them into some Southeast Asian country to resell because they are unavailable for new purchase and nobody wants to ship all the way there. It's not the best but there's nothing illegal there, and the transaction went smooth.

I have no idea what the pricing is but $650 is suspiciously low. $800 shipped would be a great price if you can swing it, I think.

A lot of those are outside the US.
But not all of them. And the ones currently tagged with an "almost reasonable" price (i.e. less than retail LOL) are "marked down" from nearly $1500.

"With friends like that who needs enemies" prices. :D

To the OP:

I would recommend you go to a guitar center and fiddle with a few of these. Try out the Kemper, the Fractal FM3/9/FXIII, and any other ones they have on hand.

Try them through a full range speaker AND through an amp. As we all know, the amp and cab greatly effect the sound.

Check out the work-flow and the usability. Everyone always focuses on the tone (which is good), but it isn't that hard to change the tone in these modern digital amp solutions.

Slip through a few presets of amps you know and see how easy or hard it is to modify things to your liking.

Certainly don't take the advice of a group of guys on an internet forum with their panties all in a bunch :).

GC doesn't carry Fractal products. They are only available direct in the US. They might have some used stock, but won't have any new Fractal gear to buy / try.

Back