New Headrush pedalboard: Headrush Prime

I think so too.

Kempers patent is valid until Sept 2040, so no hardware capturing is allowed, but nothing is said about hardware capture players only which is what I think we will see more of.
I would bet anything that this is about as robust and wide to this topic as Eventide's patent on the harmonizer. It may have scared a lot of forum squwakers into saying nobody else could ever make a harmonizer, and why it took so stupidly long to get a plugin harmonizer, but TC and IK happily went right on ahead and made them and the world didn't end.

I doubt kemper would even try to plant its legal flag on anything but their very specific way of doing it. A court case might show this so wide they might lose their patent.

I'm trying not to trigger myself on the progress stopping LakeDSP patent on dynamic convolution

I think so too.

Kempers patent is valid until Sept 2040, so no hardware capturing is allowed, but nothing is said about hardware capture players only which is what I think we will see more of.
I haven't looked at this publication, but it can't be the technology the current-Kemper is using since that device has been on sale for...a long time. I forget the filing date of the OG patent that we all assume.covers the Kemper device, but it's got well under 10 years left.

More importantly, whatever that patent covers, it seems that there are either (1) plenty of ways to design around it or (2) plenty of evidence that Kemper either is not confident enough in the strength of the patent to sue or not confident that the damages would justify the cost of suing. If the former (which wouldn't surprise me), there may be enough other folks that have made the same assessment and so are willing to trample all over whatever is claimed therein.

I'm hoping this shakes Line 6 loose from what seemed like a pretty hard line against doing this sort of amp cloning or whatever
I think it honestly their respect for Christoph and secondly the fact they don’t like to follow generally

Line 6 would like a word? (This is their term for “Scene”.)

Just give it a name that reflects what it really is (e.g. neural network data or whatever’s actually in the file; apply acronym as needed) and cut the legs out from under the lawyers.
Line 6 QC*™ featuring NDSP**™

*Quantization Computation
**Neural Design Sonic Protocol

giphy-downsized-large.gif

;)

I think Kemper seeing this as a matter of respect sounds beyond ridiculous. I doubt they think they have a market lock on black boxes. They did something pretty specific, which I don't think is even ai or machine learning

I was an Eleven Rack user for many years and really liked those units at that time. When the Headrush units were announced as using “Eleven Technology” that was updated with modern modeling and technology I purchased one of the Pedalboards. The models were good, not great, and the on-board effects were fair, but I found the hardware to be poor. I had a failed USB port within six-months which was repaired under warranty as long as I paid to ship the unit to them. Then two months later the motherboard died which was again fixed under warranty after I spent another $40 to ship it back to them. Finally four of the switches failed at various times over the next year…I found replacements and fixed these myself. And I was not alone, many others had similar luck with the hardware. i have since moved on to Fractal products and have never had a problem. Hopefully, Headrush will better design and manufacture their hardware this time.

Fake news.
Which news?

There’s no news.

People suspect a new PB, I suspect new software…

But looking around, no PB and GB seem to get back in stock and usually retailers state potential restock dates. No such thing. So that might mean new hardware (the suspected new PB), or it might mean they’ll ship PB and GB with a new software only.

Which news?

There’s no news.

People suspect a new PB, I suspect new software…

But looking around, no PB and GB seem to get back in stock and usually retailers state potential restock dates. No such thing. So that might mean new hardware (the suspected new PB), or it might mean they’ll ship PB and GB with a new software only.
Plus there’s NAMM.

Would be kind of interesting to hear a side by side comparison of the 11R and current Headrush. I also really liked the old rack unit when I tried it. Wonder if there’s a sonic difference either firmware improvements or if there’s better audio components in the old unit.

Would be kind of interesting to hear a side by side comparison of the 11R and current Headrush. I also really liked the old rack unit when I tried it. Wonder if there’s a sonic difference either firmware improvements or if there’s better audio components in the old unit.
Back in the day , I thought the rack was really good , I preferred it to the line6 pod by far , the Marshall and Fender tones were great but I also really liked the layout it felt very amp like w the knobs buttons for the FX it was very fast to dial in
It’s too bad Headrush didn’t keep some of that interface and pair it up with the Color touch screen
I remember Cliff even had positive comments about it aliasing and latency it was very close to the AX2 at the time and beat Kemper but a noticeable amount

I still have an Eleven Rack in my live rig rack as a backup unit. I also have one in my studio in one of the racks as well. Both of these units work great and sound good enough even today if they are needed to replace our main units if they go down. Eleven Rack rigs can be loaded into the Headrush units if they are imported correctly…so the same rig can be loaded into each unit (as long as one is careful to use the same amps, cabs and effects which are available on both units) which will allow one to compare the quality of the tones. In my opinion, the Eleven Rack tones and the Headrush tones, programmed with the same rig, are only slightly different…with the Headrush tone being slightly more realistic. However, my Fractal Axe-FX III Turbo produces tones in a league far beyond both the Eleven Rack or the Headrush Pedalboard.

Back