New Headrush pedalboard: Headrush Prime

Oh, you can bet it’s coming. TONEX Pedal was just a toe in the water. I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s already in development.
No. That's expensive hardware (to make and develop) that will not increase sales of their software. IK makes hardware when (1) it's fairly cheap/easy and (2) it will sell more software.

I’m like that to an extent; seriously. I’ve got a hard time just settling with stuff, and actually you know, creating music. I’ve got actual diagnosed OCD, so it’s a challenge. So I sympathize with, and often wonder about, dudes like him and Gasp.
I’m the same, actually bummed out on it all last year in November and haven’t touched my guitar since then… still don’t want to. I hate everything about it now. But that doesn’t matter.

I, and definitely you, are nothing like timbuck. That much I know from being on the forums with you since years back… so don’t take pitty on dudes like that, they only bring negative crap to the forums.

I honestly would love to see Headrush stay in the game. I think it's a really cool product and good pricing. They just need to keep improving the product and adding new models.
While the display is nice, their menu system is a chore and 90% of the effect sounds in the Headrush are unusable. It needs to be pared down. If they could get the usability and sounds of the effects closer to the Helix style, then their amazing pedal view becomes much better. I had the medium size HR pedalboard for a while and found it sounded good when dialed in, but dialing it in and navigating the menus was difficult.

No. That's expensive hardware (to make and develop) that will not increase sales of their software. IK makes hardware when (1) it's fairly cheap/easy and (2) it will sell more software.
I was looking at their effects pedal line, which shares many components with the TONEX Pedal. Unlikely, perhaps. But probably on the table.

I’m the same, actually bummed out on it all last year in November and haven’t touched my guitar since then… still don’t want to. I hate everything about it now. But that doesn’t matter.

I, and definitely you, are nothing like timbuck. That much I know from being on the forums with you since years back… so don’t take pitty on dudes like that, they only bring negative crap to the forums.
Yeah man, I definitely have times, I shit you not, where I think about literally selling everything but a sentimental electric and my acoustic, and just play acoustic guitar.

And you're right; I was probably being a bit too glass half-full with Timbuck.

I don't like to point fingers on these threads, but i think that guy is physically unable to enjoy guitar gear :(

Literal back-to-back comments from a couple days ago in TGP. On the HX Stomp selling at a $100 discount in some retailers:

"likely too much inventory or need more sales vs something new coming. I do find it interesting that a new flagship isnt expected in 2023/24. I guess the concept of advancing software in a vg hardware unit is becoming the norm more and more which is cool."

On the rumors about Headrush introducing profiling support, and backporting it to older units:

"not me. I hope this is a new software modeling/effects platform thats not compatible to past units: its time to update the algos. If they are lazy they will do as you say and just make a box like thier others that adds profiling..meh...So i would hope they up the game in their modeling and effects: its due."

It's like... be happy with something, man.

I'm guessing he's a New Englander...

My overall view of the Headrush stuff. I have owned the MX5 twice and the Gigboard. The tone and feel are on par (just different) with much higher priced units. It's simplicity leaves you wanting more though. If this new unit has an advanced mode or something I'd consider it as a backup to my Helix LT. Right now my backup is a GX-100.

So we've got first leak. Working back from last headrush flagship, we will all be tracking @TJontheRoad 's GC hopping across New Jersey to snag the first one in the wild in what, spring 2025?

Wow, you remember that lol. No hopping, it just showed up at my local GC while I happen to be hanging out there. And, I thought some other guy snagged it first. It went back after about a week.

My initial impression is this is not a new product but rather capture software that will have a player capable of loading in Headrush devices.
If ToneX is exactly what everyone was asking Kemper to do for the last 10 years, this is exactly what I've been wishing the Helix guys could do for the last 8, or whatever it's been. When I started asking, Kemper profiles were the only game in town, so ".kipr loader block" was the way I imagined it. That could basically erase the physical ToneX pedal from all the rigs that are now popping up comprised of e.g. HX Stomp w/ ToneX in the effects loop.

Last edited:
If ToneX is exactly what everyone was asking Kemper to do for the last 10 years, this is exactly what I've been asking the Helix guys to do for the last 8, or whatever it's been. When I started asking, Kemper profiles were the only game in town, so ".kipr loader block" was the way I imagined it. That could basically erase the physical ToneX pedal from all the rigs that are now popping up comprised of e.g. HX Stomp w/ ToneX in the effects loop.
And I'd be fine even though I just bought the ToneX pedal to run through my Helix Floor.

I'd still use both, dual amps, while offloading the DSP on the floor :crazy

If ToneX is exactly what everyone was asking Kemper to do for the last 10 years, this is exactly what I've been asking the Helix guys to do for the last 8, or whatever it's been. When I started asking, Kemper profiles were the only game in town, so ".kipr loader block" was the way I imagined it. That could basically erase the physical ToneX pedal from all the rigs that are now popping up comprised of e.g. HX Stomp w/ ToneX in the effects loop.
It will be interesting to see what Kemper will do , with Neural IK
Mooer, and now Headrush getting into that capture game and in some cases doing it better
My guess is to get back on top maybe a mini stage , but the problem is they would have to update and improve the profiling tech and more importantly put it into an attractive price point like 899-999

If the came out with a smaller compact 5 button stage w most of the fx and a kemper2.0 profiling algo that could still be enough to have people’s attention

Or the other way around.

It’s a win win if Tonex users buy Stomp just because it’s a great idea. I bet L6 doesn’t mind that at all. And the subject has probably been discussed there. “Well… good for IK, their user would want a nice little modeler to go with it and we have one!”
Stomp users buying Tonex doesn’t have the same impact. Idk…

Anyway. Not sure about this HR thing, now that I have thought about it. They’re not releasing new hardware… they’re doing a software haul over.

Last edited:
It will be interesting to see what Kemper will do , with Neural IK
Mooer, and now Headrush getting into that capture game and in some cases doing it better
My guess is to get back on top maybe a mini stage , but the problem is they would have to update and improve the profiling tech and more importantly put it into an attractive price point like 899-999

If the came out with a smaller compact 5 button stage w most of the fx and a kemper2.0 profiling algo that could still be enough to have people’s attention
What's odd is that Mooer already did this. But they either did it badly, people were put off because they assumed they were stealing the code, or a combination of both. The Mooer didn't seem to make any splash at all at the time?

What's odd is that Mooer already did this. But they either did it badly, people were put off because they assumed they were stealing the code, or a combination of both. The Mooer didn't seem to make any splash at all at the time?
Funny… in some of the vids I viewed about that, it definitely sounded like it could mimic the captured devices. Buuuut.. it’s mooer. They’ll always viewed critically by forums and such. Mass market is another story. They’ve probably sold more stuff than any manufuckturer to this day.

IMO Kemper's best response would be to release a new generation of hardware with significantly improved UI, more effects, more power, more flexibility, etc. If they could run dual profiles that may be a huge draw for some people.

They would need to make it backwards compatible for old profiles because the pre-existing library is such a big draw, but an updated/improved capture method would be smart as well.

I just don't know that they would be willing to compete in that space though, I think their time may be over honestly.

Back