Vai/Satch and the new 3rd Power Dragon Amp

Well Dave I never thought Randy's Tone was bad, it was IMHO perfect for Blizzard of Ozz
And I know because I saw him in a small Venue In Montreal for the Blizzard of Ozz Tour and his tone Live was fantastic unlike his studio album
If anything why some criticize his tone is probably due to production

:beer

Super jealous. Super jealous. :love

Super jealous. Super jealous. :love

1711321470999.png

:headbang

Very early 80s lest we forget....
I loved this when I first heard it live was even better

:headbang

There's nothing inconsistent about this!

THIS tone is awesome, it's both right up in your face when it needs to be and smooth when it needs to be, dynamic and covering a lot of ground frequency wise-

This is none of those things. :rofl

yup Vai's tone is amazing isolated

Consider another early 80s tune Isolated, sounds pretty bad but in the song/mix it sounds great

There's nothing inconsistent about this!

THIS tone is awesome, it's both right up in your face when it needs to be and smooth when it needs to be, dynamic and covering a lot of ground frequency wise-

This is none of those things. :rofl

Girl Why Dont We Have Both GIF

Too much to ask? :idk

I've always liked Joe's sound and playing on this specific live gig (Montreux '88).
Just a killer performance and it's my go-to clip to watch when I wanna hear some Satch. :chef

I'm assuming this is still the DS-1 days??
Regardless, that new 3rd Power amp sounds wicked!

Last edited:
yup Vai's tone is amazing isolated

Consider another early 80s tune Isolated, sounds pretty bad but in the song/mix it sounds great
Not sure I trust any of these YT iso tracks, TBH. They're certainly being pulled out of the mix algorithmically somehow rather than actual studio tracks

Back