New Headrush pedalboard: Headrush Prime

Well, because Gear Forums can tend to be all about correcting people, flexing on others, and one upsmanship.

I thought I would be polite and ask. :idk

Embarrassed Duck GIF

Well, because Gear Forums can tend to be all about correcting people, flexing on others, and one upsmanship.

I thought I would be polite and ask. :idk

Embarrassed Duck GIF
Whats wrong with correcting people when they are wrong ? (Which is didnt do to you) I still dont understand why you asked if the price was right, you were the one that posted the Thomann link where the price was.

getting into that capture game and in some cases doing it better
Greater accuracy (in some cases not all) is a tiny part of what will make for a viable alternative to the Kemper.
significantly improved UI, more effects, more power, more flexibility
Still the best user interface of any device (for those who prefer standing).
I just don't know that they would be willing to compete in that space though
Kemper have always made pro stuff (priced at a premium) that amateurs can also enjoy, versus something like ToneX which is sort of a toy capable of great tones.
no shortage of snapshot options
True. Hoping for someone to truly compete with the Kemper all around .. marketplace, longevity, zero in-device adverts, no cloud .. with Kemper, beyond the ongoing support and free add-ons, we’re truly left to our own devices. I love that.
"Totally Different"
Haha
I don’t know if Kemper can get sub 1k but that’s where they have to go to make it interesting
That’d be nice. But Kemper is just an all around better alternative than everyone who’s copping this concept so far. Whatever they do, if anything, will be a bit more expensive than any of us wants, but pretty much everyone who has had long-term success using their products will buy into it, with zero hesitation.
please don’t call them “Snapshots”

Lawsuit-dodging terminology for “profile” is the new ugly headstock.
Haha I love that, so true. But it’s the cutesy profile names themselves that are the ugly headstock.. Snapshot has been used to describe the concept since day one.
seeing this as a matter of respect sounds beyond ridiculous
Kemper has never said that or implied it. People are basing the respect thing on hearing kind remarks about the device and the company straight from Digital Igloo and Frank over the years. At a time when another manufacturer couldn’t resist taking constant potshots at Kemper, Line6 rightly didn’t view Kemper .. I mean I won’t speak for them, but however great Kemper is, it didn’t hinder the success or relevance of Line6’s contributions to the conversation around guitar tone.

I’m rooting for best guitar tones, whatever the method—at the moment more people are excited by profiling and its spawn than ever—to be available from several manufacturers, in different sizes and shapes, and definitely different price points.

But so far, there’s zero compelling evidence or any good reason why someone who’s having success with Kemper (there’s a lot of us) (or success with any other device) would improve his music or day-to-day workflow by switching to these new products. And if you’re enjoying using either of the plug-ins that are Kemper-like, or any other plugins, using spdif and simultaneously recording an unprocessed direct track is a great way of doing that. Most or close to all of the time, I’m not needing to utilize that unprocessed track because the Kemper is sounding good.

But I’m definitely open to something coming down the pike that makes my guitar life truly better. (Lately that’s the KOT, and now I’m wanting a germanium Sunface and Bicomp, but hopefully I’ll tire of whatever feeling I’m getting from the analog effects and go back inside the neat and clean and safe box of all digital—or stop messing around and go back to fully analog—unlikely.)

Regarding Headrush, I’d be more excited if they somehow added the capture stuff to that tiny box they released recently. I also don’t need to see pictures of imitation cutesily renamed guitar pedals. I much prefer a simple screen that says what things are, versus making it all look like a toy or a cartoon. And unlike pretty much everyone else on the Internet, I’ve never liked all the colored circles that every component modeler has adopted.

But you don’t listen to the colored circles, so whatever, I guess they’re fine!

ymmv

Kemper have always made pro stuff (priced at a premium) that amateurs can also enjoy, versus something like ToneX which is sort of a toy capable of great tones.

^^^ ..... Ahhhh ...well .... i.m.h.o ....firstly, its not in any way a toy and secondly it does its thing better than a Kemper or QC ... plenty of "objective as can be" tests / "null tests" out there on Y/T.

Been using the software for a few weeks .... and got my hardware yesterday.

Its built like a "brick sh$thouse" - and its also very substantial in terms of construction and weight.

There is already a massive pool of a lot of excellent free Capture's and lots of crap ones .... exactly like Rig Exchange ... and already there are some pro providers making stunning Captures for not very much ....and it comes with 1000 IK officially made Captures.

The software UI needs work ... but that is already slowly happening.

Its not designed as a standalone product ... and it works brilliantly in the Loop of any Multi-EFX to give it absolute top shelf "Amp and/or Cab" tones .... or on analog pedal board.

" ... sort of toy ... " ..... I'm not in any way clear why you would describe it in is such a derogatory way ... but try to "cover" your opinion by then saying it has "great" tones.

Its as "pro" as unit as the KPA or QC or Axe or Helix or GT1000 ..... it however does basically just one thing ... but it happens to do that one thing better than anything else currently available.

Ben

^^^ ..... Ahhhh ...well .... i.m.h.o ....firstly, its not in any way a toy and secondly it does its thing better than a Kemper or QC ... plenty of "objective as can be" tests / "null tests" out there on Y/T.

Been using the software for a few weeks .... and got my hardware yesterday.

Its built like a "brick sh$thouse" - and its also very substantial in terms of construction and weight.

There is already a massive pool of a lot of excellent free Capture's and lots of crap ones .... exactly like Rig Exchange ... and already there are some pro providers making stunning Captures for not very much ....and it comes with 1000 IK officially made Captures.

The software UI needs work ... but that is already slowly happening.

Its not designed as a standalone product ... and it works brilliantly in the Loop of any Multi-EFX to give it absolute top shelf "Amp and/or Cab" tones .... or on analog pedal board.

" ... sort of toy ... " ..... I'm not in any way clear why you would describe it in is such a derogatory way ... but try to "cover" your opinion by then saying it has "great" tones.

Its as "pro" as unit as the KPA or QC or Axe or Helix or GT1000 ..... it however does basically just one thing ... but it happens to do that one thing better than anything else currently available.

Ben
Ah it’s early days. Is it a complete pro system? Maybe toy is too strong a word. The software does look like it was made for kids, but that’s just me. Plus marketing from within the app, if that’s true, and Cloud regulations as well, that’s a turn off. When a digital product complicates things instead of simplifying them, to me that means it’s for playing around. Hence toy. But if that’s unfair, I take it back.

So far it doesn’t stand on its own, so anyone who’s used to L6 Fractal or Kemper has to integrate a pedal board or at least a second product. A Powerhead works better for me. It’s bigger, but it’s still easier because I can use it with nothing else, or with any kind of speaker I want. Ultimately it’s probably the lighter way to go.

Plenty of people say IK profiles “better“—that’s cool and it signals an interesting future for digital—but as someone with good hearing who has witnessed successful profiling sessions where me and other way more pro folks than me couldn’t tell the difference, I’d say at this point with so many other caveats, “better” is still academic.

There’s a good chance I’ll end-up owning it, or at least the software, but I am definitely rooting for other new options that are more appealing to me. Even though I’ve been using the Kemper for a decade, I got into it more than a year after it landed, and from my day one it was a completely giggable all in one solution, and it still sounds as good as anything I’m being told I should think sounds better, but that to me doesn’t.

Of course I’m happy for you and everyone else who’s finding success with ToneX.

I look forward to hearing all kinds of music made with it, and to seeing it implemented on stages and tours.

I may not be a great customer, because I’m really not interested in the constant push toward the latest and greatest on paper—symptomatic of both music and film gear—when for my creative work things that truly represent a step forward for the work that I do don’t come around quite so often, and worse, sometimes the better new version can leave me wishing for aspects of the old one.

ymmv

Back