New Headrush pedalboard: Headrush Prime

one of these babies could still potentially change my mind from an FM3/9.

Shocked Friends GIF

:LOL:

For me, the Headrush is one of those products that you think is fantastic while using it, then you go back to your #1 setup and realize why it's your #1 and not the Headrush.

It's not bad, just not as good as the other modelers.

I don't believe they will ever have an editor.
This is fair.
You get a sound but it sounds like you have a PV bandit miked up in the gents.

Seriously, I have heard it enough, and in the context of enough different styles to draw my final
conclusions.

Last night I was playing drums along with my friend going through the Prime. That
put me in close range. Not a fan.

And sure it could be how he has it setup. I get it. But no. :hmm

He's my friend, and I want to tell him I love the color of his new truck, and his wife is the most
beautiful woman in the world, and he is the coolest guy I have ever met, and the Prime is the
most Optimus of all Modelers. But I can't. I just can't. :hugitout

Seriously, I have heard it enough, and in the context of enough different styles to draw my final
conclusions.

Last night I was playing drums along with my friend going through the Prime. That
put me in close range. Not a fan.

And sure it could be how he has it setup. I get it. But no. :hmm

4 things I discovered when I was trying to get my MX5 dialed in. Sounded like warmed over dog poo until I turned the input gain all the way up to 1 bar short of the last bar. Really woke it up. Built in IR's/cabs are complete junk also. Global EQ should be called "Global crapifier" and finally the output knob needs to be past 2 o'clock on the dial. Out of every modeling unit I have ever owned this one is especially night and day with the gain staging. If you don't get it just right, it makes a big difference good or bad.

Telling you if you were in my jam room when I play through it, you wouldn't scoff at it.

4 things I discovered when I was trying to get my MX5 dialed in. Sounded like warmed over dog poo until I turned the input gain all the way up to 1 bar short of the last bar. Really woke it up. Built in IR's/cabs are complete junk also. Global EQ should be called "Global crapifier" and finally the output knob needs to be past 2 o'clock on the dial. Out of every modeling unit I have ever owned this one is especially night and day with the gain staging. If you don't get it just right, it makes a big difference good or bad.

Telling you if you were in my jam room when I play through it, you wouldn't scoff at it.
But other than that it's perfect. :rofl
Sorry, I had to laugh!

Back