New Headrush pedalboard: Headrush Prime

Say what now? If you can't read that screen from six feet above the ground, you've got some extremely serious problems. Please look for "hands-free mode" photos. The numbers shown are GIGANTIC. This is NOT "another problem".

I think you may be missing the point somewhat. There are two issues associated with there being no desktop app available for Headrush units. First, programming a new rig on any of the units requires that the user either sit on the floor or move the unit to a tabletop. In reality this is very tedious as compared to programming presets from a computer screen. Secondly, the “hands-free” control mode of the Headrush units may be easy to use on the full-sized Pedalboards…by someone with good eyesight. However, on the MX-5 the screen is too small to see from six feet above the unit, especially on a dark stage with lighting effects present, by users with even good eyesight. In reality, someone with non-perfect eyesight, the screen on the MX-5 is not useable for live performance…and the same is true for the Pedalboard as well. If the Headrush units are Ever going to be considered “professional“ equipment by the masses of guitarists, not just a dedicated small user base, it will need to have a desktop app.

I think you may be missing the point somewhat. There are two issues associated with there being no desktop app available for Headrush units. First, programming a new rig on any of the units requires that the user either sit on the floor or move the unit to a tabletop. In reality this is very tedious as compared to programming presets from a computer screen. Secondly, the “hands-free” control mode of the Headrush units may be easy to use on the full-sized Pedalboards…by someone with good eyesight. However, on the MX-5 the screen is too small to see from six feet above the unit, especially on a dark stage with lighting effects present, by users with even good eyesight. In reality, someone with non-perfect eyesight, the screen on the MX-5 is not useable for live performance…and the same is true for the Pedalboard as well. If the Headrush units are Ever going to be considered “professional“ equipment by the masses of guitarists, not just a dedicated small user base, it will need to have a desktop app.
This thread is about HR Prime. Not MX5.

Say what now? If you can't read that screen from six feet above the ground, you've got some extremely serious problems. Please look for "hands-free mode" photos. The numbers shown are GIGANTIC. This is NOT "another problem".

Haha! Wow. How did I earn the privilege to deserve all of that?? :brick

Pretty sure I can voice my direct experience without me needing to even remotely appease what you think I should think.

Got it? :rollsafe

Haha! Wow. How did I earn the privilege to deserve all of that?? :brick

Pretty sure I can voice my direct experience without me needing to even remotely appease what you think I should think.

Got it? :rollsafe
Please see an eye doctor. :cool:

Your/our experience is irrelevant! :LOL:
When the Headrush Pedalboard was first released I was still using two Eleven Racks. I bought the Pedalboard because it was billed as having advanced Eleven technology Ina modern format. I really wanted to like the Pedalboard and continued to use it for a couple years…hoping that a desktop app would be released eventually. However, I experienced a number of serious problems with the Pedalboard (motherboard failure-Rainbow of Death-and four switch failures)…once losing two switches during a gig. That is when I did some research and learned that I was far from alone experiencing reliability issues. So, I gave up and moved on. I hope the Prime is a better designed and built unit and that Headrush develops a desktop app as many, many, many users have been asking for for years.

The LCD screen on the Prime is the same as that on the Pedalboard; therefore, my comments apply equally to the Prime. The lack of a desktop app is a ”deal breaking” problem for many, many potential users.
Why in the world would anyone need a desktop editor with a HR unit? Are people that lazy?

Sh*t, while we’re at it, why would anyone need water? Gatorade exists and that has electrolytes.

GIF by Idiocracy

Why in the world would anyone need a desktop editor with a HR unit? Are people that lazy?
My comment has nothing to do with being lazy. Have you attempted to program many Rigs at one time and set the Pedalboard up for gig use? Doing so requires one to either sit on the floor for hours to operate the touch screen or move the huge Pedalboard to a desktop to program Rigs and organize the them. If all you do is add a Rig here and there, perhaps the lack of a desktop app is not an issue. However, for those attempting to make large numbers of changes to the programming of the Pedalboard frequently to accommodate using the board on tour dates or for recording dates, a desktop app is a real necessity. The Headrush units will never be considered “professional grade” by large numbers of guitarists until a desktop app is available, the hardware quality is greatly improved and the latency of the unit is reduced.

Last edited:
My comment has nothing to do with being lazy. Have you attempted to program many Rigs at one time and set the Pedalboard up for gig use? Doing so requires one to either sit on the floor for hours to operate the touch screen or move the huge Pedalboard to a desktop to program Rigs and organize the them. If all you do is add a Rig here and there, perhaps the lack of a desktop app is not an issue. However, for those attempting to make large numbers of changes to the programming of the Pedalboard frequently to accommodate using the board on tour dates or for recording dates, a desktop app is a real necessity. The Headrush units will never be considered “professional grade” by large numbers of guitarists until a desktop app is available, the hardware quality is greatly improved and the latency of the unit is reduced.

He's just being an ass. Seems to relish it, too.

You do you. :beer

Yes and it's not a big deal. I just put it on my desk and it works fine. I get it though for super small screens like HX Stomp or something. With a 7-inch touch screen, not having a desktop editor is really not a big deal. It's has never been a big deal with the HR. You are just jumping on the Quad Cortex Whiner Wagon (tm).

Back