New Headrush pedalboard: Headrush Prime

Well... I don't agree, sorry.

You can like Zoom or not. You can argue they're overpriced... Maybe.

But:

G6/G11 have totally different hardware than previous units (touch screens, different layout, different I/o options, wireless options, additional displays and dedicated controls for amp models or stereo FX loop or MIDI in the G11). Actually, they've absolutely designed them from scratch.

Regarding the software, they've improved the models (yeah, that multilayer thing, you know) and included IRs and USB audio. So they aren't the same as previous ones either.

If you take a look at the comparison against the helix, from Leo, you will see that, tonewise, the quality is more or less on par (Leo had to admit he was surprised).

Now, what Zoom is not doing is the update game. They usually launch flawless units, so they don't need to fix too many things compared to almost any other brand in that price range. And they don't make improvements either... Usually they update firmwares once or twice, nothing more.

Apart from that, Zoom is continuously releasing products. Not only guitar related units (recently the upgraded MS series), but also voice processors or handy recorders. They don't look like a nearly dead company regarding development. Actually, it's the contrary.

I don't see where's the similarity with Headrush, honestly.
Sorry was under the impression the g5/6 share same chips process power. Sure g6 and 11 are revamped interfaces but I guess I was wrong that same processors used

Sorry was under the impression the g5/6 share same chips process power. Sure g6 and 11 are revamped interfaces but I guess I was wrong that same processors used
I don't know about the chips, honestly. You could be right on that... Even when I'd be surprised because of the touch screen and things like that.

Not wanting to enter a debate about how bad Zoom is (I always defend their merits, while being aware that they're not fighting with the top dogs), and how weird their latest design decisions have been...

But, why not to play the game a little? Let's have a little fun: if I had to choose a new unit (not a used one) and only had 300€ (not AliExpress biased prices) to spend... I have a hard time finding something more convenient than a G6. What would you choose?

Of course, I expect receiving lots of "compliments" for that sentence! 😜

Peace!

I don't know about the chips, honestly. You could be right on that... Even when I'd be surprised because of the touch screen and things like that.

Not wanting to enter a debate about how bad Zoom is (I always defend their merits, while being aware that they're not fighting with the top dogs), and how weird their latest design decisions have been...

But, why not to play the game a little? Let's have a little fun: if I had to choose a new unit (not a used one) and only had 300€ (not AliExpress biased prices) to spend... I have a hard time finding something more convenient than a G6. What would you choose?

Of course, I expect receiving lots of "compliments" for that sentence! 😜

Peace!
Well I was shocked at zooms g6/g11 prices when released.. I like the cdr70+

Back