New Headrush pedalboard: Headrush Prime

Same for my Buddy. He's not into the Capture thing. Yet.

I seemed to prefer the medium gain tones (JTM/JCM) to the higher gain tones (Rev, 5150).

The higher gain tones became all top and bottom and nothing in the middle.
I know some like that, but not my bag.

Granted, he didn't really have any time to dial in a rig, and was flying by the seat of his
pants, so in that context I think it did great.

Oh, and the touchscreen and display are as badass as you could imagine they are. :chef

I seemed to prefer the medium gain tones (JTM/JCM) to the higher gain tones (Rev, 5150).

Granted, he didn't really have any time to dial in a rig, and was flying by the seat of his

Oh, and the touchscreen and display are as badass as you could imagine they are. :chef
This thing isn't on my radar but that touchscreen looks great.

Hmm, I don’t like how you are describing the high gain. What guitars/pickups were tried?

Last edited:
Got to hear it again last night for about 4 hours, @Warmart . He had the high gain
tones dialed in better. I thought it sounded really good. Not Fractal good, but I am
biased. :LOL:

His biggest beef is there is no way to change ANY parameters unless you use the
Touch Screen. That means a lot of bending over. Probably too big to put on any
kind of desk.

Different strokes. I understand all that. Personally I need small, even though I’m only a homeplayer. Yeah… sounds weird that I cant find a spot and place a LT or HR board there and be done. I have a big house… two floors, three with the basement. Still…. I want small. I want to move it around. To the floor, to a table, downstairs, out on the porch and I want to do it more than a actually play guitar :rofl Not joking… and I have a serious problem with having large stuff…my brain doesn’t want it. It wants small things… I’m weird. A homeplayer should by man cave standards take the freaking space to do whatever…

Yeeez… I am now starting to question my manhood also… wtf…

Im lost.
My man cave features a couple of 4x12 cabs, but otherwise I’m with you. Portability = versatility.

Revalver's amp clone tech was pretty good, and MUCH better in the later stuff post Peavey when it became AMR. It got many tones a lot closer than Kemper could with much less noise and if I remember right, had 7 samples of latency, so definitely not what the problem is here
Interesting. Revalver flew completely under my radar, somehow. Should I be looking to buy a VST. What are its pros/cons vs. ToneX, for instance?

His biggest beef is there is no way to change ANY parameters unless you use the
Touch Screen. That means a lot of bending over. Probably too big to put on any
kind of desk.
That's odd. There is a hands-free mode for just about all edit parameters.

different strokes for sure. I have a problem with multi function buttoning. I'm mental that way. I want a button for everything which basically means having a unit and then having adjoining midi controllers. I want to be able to shut off or tailor each effect by being able to hit one dedicated switch. in a perfect world, 5 buttons for top five patches, 10 buttons for each independent effect...... wah, volume, gain and delay intensity all on volume pedals. Finally at least 10 more buttons to flip settings live on each effect. example. chorus a to chorus b to chorus c. deep reverb to cabinet reverb.....I also have a problem. with all of these ideas in my head, there is no way I could ever keep track of it with minimal buttons.
What are you using now?

Have you ever tried a Quad Cortex? Provided some of those “buttons” being on a touch screen is acceptable, you might find a lot to like about its UI. (I, too, ran screaming from Kemper after a while. Much prefer Helix and the notoriously derivative - but IMO improved - QC.)

Is there a mod where you can mount table legs to it and convert it to a desk as needed?
images

Pretty much my same experience with all the Headrush stuff. I think they do low/med gain Marshall as good or better than anyone but the high gain stuff requires some serious post eq'ing.

Apparently leaked by Tracii Guns, who's a long-time Headrush user.

Note the WiFi/Bluetooth icons on top. That "Amp Clone" label is interesting as well - maybe Headrush is jumping into the profiling game?

View attachment 5284View attachment 5286

Some folks bag on Tracii but every time I see him live his tone is phenomenal. Cant say if he's used a HR unit the last time I saw him but man was his tone great.

Pretty much my same experience with all the Headrush stuff. I think they do low/med gain Marshall as good or better than anyone but the high gain stuff requires some serious post eq'ing.

My Buddy put a couple of post Amp/Cab FX in the chain. A channel strip style EQ and a Comp. It did sound better.
I think it can get a little "bitey" and harsh on the top end when you go with those higher gain models. :idk

Funny as hell! :rofl

I get that there is this "hands free edit mode" but then you have to be able to read the
screen/parameters from 6 feet above.

So solving one problem has created another. :idk
Say what now? If you can't read that screen from six feet above the ground, you've got some extremely serious problems. Please look for "hands-free mode" photos. The numbers shown are GIGANTIC. This is NOT "another problem".

Back