NAM pedal coming soon

The drawback is that you have to sell your device on something other than how it sounds because it will be the same as device X from competitor Y.
We did it with IRs, jpg, .mov….etc,etc.

I assume at the moment brands have specific decoding / maybe “standard underlying amps” that are controlled by profile/capture files…which are not likely to become shared tech…
But I could imagine putting generic tech on top of that…so I can choose between a profiled amp…or a nam capture as a kemper user.

Left or right…with capturing/profiling you are in the game of making copy machines…there will come a point where a copy is a copy…and that’s not your unique selling point any longer. To me, between Kemper and QC…that’s not what sets them apart as is.

then text to speech has come a long way

Most defenitely. All things AI have. A scaringly long way even. Skynet is almost reality - and in case you have some years on earth left (which I hope for all of us), you'll be witnessing it. Maybe not as a literal copy from Terminator but along the lines.

I love the idea behind this hardware, seriously.

But I just can't see it succeeding. In my opinion, this is obsolete even before it's born.

I can't see utility for an amp in a box pedal (which this is) in a size larger than a mini pedal.

And then the price... Well, obviously it's really difficult (or impossible, maybe) to make a pedal like that for cheap, being such a small company.

In no time, capturing will be on every multifx unit. Maybe not the full NAM accuracy, yeah. At least for now. In a couple years, this pedal will be unused. Atomic will come with a multifx with their capturing, IK is about to launch a mini ToneX, kemper has the player (yeah, accuracy is shit and blabla... But you can gig with just that box, effects and whatnot), a DualCortex is said to be coming too, Line6 will do something (they better do), I bet Boss or Zoom too, Mooer have their own capturing in pedals from €100 up...

Love the idea of sharing fantastic free technology and selling a good unit for playing it, and I wish they have a great time with their adventure... But it just can't succeed. Too many pro companies making great and cheap alternatives, with mature platforms and no (or just a few) youth issues.

Fwiw, with a latency of 0.5ms (which is incredible) and an onboard IR loader suitable even for really long IRs, they should've added an FX loop.
Also, in case the IR reverb is working smoothly, they could build a dedicated unit around that functionality.

Fwiw, with a latency of 0.5ms (which is incredible) and an onboard IR loader suitable even for really long IRs, they should've added an FX loop.
Also, in case the IR reverb is working smoothly, they could build a dedicated unit around that functionality.
0.5 ms latency? That's awesome. Let me be cautious, though. It wouldn't be rare that this value is some of that "reported value" instead of the complete roundtrip latency.

0.5 ms latency? That's awesome. Let me be cautious, though. It wouldn't be rare that this value is some of that "reported value" instead of the complete roundtrip latency.

Well, as it's a standalone hardware device, there's no "reported" latency of any kind. Anyway, Boss is delivering similar values, so it's possible.

Well, as it's a standalone hardware device, there's no "reported" latency of any kind. Anyway, Boss is delivering similar values, so it's possible.
Yeah... I meant that maybe they state the latency of the software, not taking into account the AD DA converting times.

Of course it's possible, I'm just cautious to believe that value.

Does anyone know how the mooer capture thing actually works?
I don't. What I see is that it seems to be like kemper.

I profile my amp with the iPad, it throws noises to the amp for a minute or so. Then it lets you audition the result and fine tune gain and eq.

In my case, it works great. The only difficult thing in my experience with it has been matching the gain of the capture to be similar to the one of the real amp. I've more or less already figured it out... With my Audient EVO4 I set the output volume to the maximum, and the recording level just to avoid clipping. Then I load the profile to the GE250 and it's fantastic. I use it for flygigs or when my back aches too much.

Ola did a vid on it a long time ago. It wasn't too convincing
I think you're talking about "tone capture".

That's different to the MNRS thing... Which is profiling in the kemper style. Leo Gibson made a comparison between the kemper and the Mooer MNRS and the results were very similar.

AI narration has infested true crime on YT lately, not a fan.
There's always this guy in everything providing the most awkward, uptalked narration over horrific crimes :ROFLMAO:

Keith Morrison Wow GIF by Dateline NBC

Very confidence-inspiring (from the homepage):

"Paypal locked our account, even according to them for no reason. They will unlock it, but this may take up to 3 days. They are confident it will be done today. We are very sorry for that.
Payments with bank transfer are still working!"

@mikah912 -
Luckily, the bank payments are fine still, and paypal are in the process of re-authorising their account.

Paypal: Oh you're a new business are ya? Oh, so you have suddenly and suspiciously got customers have ya?!!
#'freaks out'#

Very confidence-inspiring (from the homepage):

"Paypal locked our account, even according to them for no reason. They will unlock it, but this may take up to 3 days. They are confident it will be done today. We are very sorry for that.
Payments with bank transfer are still working!"
Paypal have now re-approved.

Back