NAM pedal coming soon

From FB, answering my question:

""param" is a rotary encoder, with a button function to navigate through the menu."

It's kind of funny how we have general purpose computers and mobile devices that you could build a rig out of but everyone wants dedicated hardware... and then when someone releases dedicated hardware... they want it to be as much like their computer/mobile devices as possible.
Requests will continue until someone bothers to make something that has some physical knobs because nobody likes tweaking sliders on a touchscreen regularly. MIDI knob controller support is just abysmal on all modelers.

maybe....but the point is its overpriced.But i bet you will buy it anyhow right?
You don't get to be both, 'the guy that doesn't buy any of them' - and - 'the guy that is the arbiter of what the value of all of them is'.
I think, technically, you aren't qualified for either job. Run for President if you want to be 'that guy' god knows we could use some fresh blood there lol

You don't get to be both, 'the guy that doesn't buy any of them' - and - 'the guy that is the arbiter of what the value of all of them is'.
I think, technically, you aren't qualified for either job. Run for President if you want to be 'that guy' god knows we could use some fresh blood there lol
ok boss.

It's kind of funny how we have general purpose computers and mobile devices that you could build a rig out of but everyone wants dedicated hardware... and then when someone releases dedicated hardware... they want it to be as much like their computer/mobile devices as possible.

Nailed it.

looks like a cool pedal to add to the nam

not a clue....
No Idea Work GIF

I'm near the end of the vid and, overall seems to be a sturdy / powerful unit but there a couple of things I think may need revisiting:

- noise gate threshold defined globally; a chuggy preset will need a higher threshold while flipping to leads you'd like the gate lower (or even off). having the gate defined threshold as global parameter and not a per-preset thing, comes across as an odd decision imho

- file management: the way it's set up right now feels like upgrading the firmware on a router lol which works but if you're dealing with batches of IRs and NAM files, it'll be a drag to click-click-click for each item. Sure, once you're done it'll be a magic box of tones but I can see people getting sour thumbs in the process

Back