BLIND COMPARO IS THE BESTO!!!!!!!!! EVEN WHEN THEY MAKE NO SENSE!! Helix vs Synergy

Nod to the second clip, but might be volume.

Probably the coolest setup I’ve had in the last couple years was the QC + SYN2. I’d imagine the same would go for a hybrid Helix + Synergy rig. Embarrassment of riches with gear these days.

I know the purpose was to highlight how it doesn't really matter which is which, but I'm curious which one really is the Helix :) I suspect it's the first clip, because that lack of high-frequency sparkle and detail seems to be the one thing that I can still pick out in some modelers. Fractal has it pretty well nailed IMO; it used to be more obvious in Helix until they added the additional oversampling, now it's pretty darn close too.
I've always found the Helix to have more high frequency in comparisons.

Go watch several comparison videos with Helix and something else, each one will have a sample with more high frequencies - it's always Helix.

Modeling is so good these days that the choice between most tube amps vs the best modeling we have in my experience most often comes down to your preferred workflow.

Do you prefer / need a lot of presets and consistency where your knobs are virtual and you can can instantly save and recall all your settings in a bunch of different patches, or do you prefer physical knobs for tweaking on the spot without having to menu-dive?

Last edited:
I read the first post and listened to the clip.I did not read anything else. I didn't want to be influenced by any opinions or a reveal if it has been done. I think number two in each one is Helix. I think I hear a bit of power amp in there. Maybe my ears just suck though.

I read the first post and listened to the clip.I did not read anything else. I didn't want to be influenced by any opinions or a reveal if it has been done. I think number two in each one is Helix. I think I hear a bit of power amp in there. Maybe my ears just suck though.
You are correct, sir!

Back