MERIS MERCURYX REVERB PEDAL

Assign LFO/envelope/sequence/etc. modifiers, has dry effects, etc.

Oh you mean you knew these things already and were just trying to get a first hand account of the thing? Then sorry, dunno (yet).
Not sure if you're calling me a c*nt or not? :rofl

But I was more thinking the raw algo's. I did listen to one octave reverb the other day, can't remember which geartuber did it, but it was fantastic.... and I have a timid bit of GAS - same as I had/have with the LVX really.

I mean, I'm broke as fuck right now so it is kind of irrelevant. But... credit cards do exist.... :bag

But I was more thinking the raw algo's. I did listen to one octave reverb the other day, can't remember which geartuber did it, but it was fantastic.... and I have a timid bit of GAS - same as I had/have with the LVX really.

I mean, I'm broke as fuck right now so it is kind of irrelevant. But... credit cards do exist.... :bag

This may not help you but..

Man... pairing LVX up with MercuryX is like the definition of "zen".
I'm having fun!

Was more so trying to point out my dickishness :bag Yeah, I'm also about the raw algos with this pedal, don't really care about the extra stuff much.
Reverb 2 Wet Crew GIF by Eternal Family

Bloody hell..... £629 here in the UK... and £689 for the LVX .... I find that a bit much tbh. I couldn't stomach it right now, so I guess it is sour grapes that I don't have a lot of expendable cash at the moment, but still.

Just a sampling from Andertons:
Strymon BigSky: £489
Strymon Timeline: £429
Source Audio Nemesis: £289
Source AudioCollider: £369
Source AudioVentris: £429
Boss DD-500: £389
Boss RV-500: £399
Boss DD-200: £215
TC Electronics Hall Of Fame II X4: £249
TC Electronics Flashback II X4: £198
Line 6 DL-4 MKII: £249
Line 6 HX Stomp XL: £599
Line 6 HX Stomp: £499

By no means an exhaustive list. But if you forget features for a moment and just think along the lines of delay and reverb pedals with multiple algorithms, presets, and midi .... there is quite the price jump when you go to Meris.

The tones are great, undoubtedly. But you can get so much more for less, that I find it quite hard to justify these to myself.

As an aside; can't believe those Boss 500 series pedals have shot up in price the way they have!!

Made a preset on the new Meris Mercury X pedal. A haunting reverb that lays low in the background just enough to remind you that the past is never far. However... smash that hold modifier and the feel and smell of nostalgia hits you hard!

Used my BOSS SY-1000 for the clean acoustic like tone and the Mercury X for the reverb. Find it on the Mercury X patchstorage as "LOSTGENERATION".

I need to use my lvx and mercury x again. I've been stuck on using source audio nemesis and ventris for awhile.

Went down a small rabbit hole of delays too and ended up getting a boss dd-20 and a digitech time bender again lol, oh and a vox delaylab which came today broken so i had to ship it back :(

I need to use my lvx and mercury x again. I've been stuck on using source audio nemesis and ventris for awhile.

Went down a small rabbit hole of delays too and ended up getting a boss dd-20 and a digitech time bender again lol, oh and a vox delaylab which came today broken so i had to ship it back :(
Check out the Alexander Pedals Rewind. It's like a timeline and a Volante in one.

Check out the Alexander Pedals Rewind. It's like a timeline and a Volante in one.

Well, in case you don't have a MIDI controlled pedalboard, it'll be quite impossible to actually make use of more than a handful of sounds live (if at all), which I think is a very strong plus of the Timeline.

I'm so in love with the reverbs from this pedal.

I'm genuinely thinking of selling my BigSky, even though I only bought it in November!

New firmware V1.1.1 just freshly released for MercuryX.
Angelo added MIDI clock ignore (global or per preset) for all of those who have been wanting this, and he also made an awesome new harmonic tremolo. Huge thanks to Yvette who kindly contributed 3 artist presets.

MercuryX 1.1.1
New Features
  • NEW Yvette Young Full Bank (3 Presets)
  • MIDI Beat Clock Ignore Global and Per Preset controls
  • Tremolo Spread parameter for stereo offset and panning
  • Tremolo Harmonic Type for a phase-y alternative to the chop of the Opto Tremolo Type
  • Note Division control for Chorus, Vibrato, Vowel Mod, and Tremolo modulation types to allow syncing with the predelay tempo
  • Variable Global Spillover Time

-terry

Last I had a jam with my probably-a-new-band bois, and there were two moments that stuck out for me.

The first was.. man... I need some tape delay wash.....

I just went straight to the Flashback II X4... selected tape.... set the feedback to 3 o'clock and the level to full..... done. Sounded fucking epic.

The second was... man... these chords are cool. I bet they'd sound stonking if they were a sort of volume swelled pad thing.....

Go to MercuryX.... selected my custom 'Modularge' preset, which is a large but fairly tame modulated reverb. Set the decay to 100% and the mix to 100%... and start using my volume pedal to swell the chords in....
Sounded fucking epic. Again.

Doing those kinds of freeform quick changes based on a bit of eggshell idea you had cooking in your brain at that moment in time..... just isn't really feasible on a modeller. To a larger or lesser extent. At least for me. Maybe other people can do it in that sort of insto-stomp fluid way. But I can't. Not really.

Coupled with my GigRig controller and my Dual Rectifier amp... I was just really loving my tones the whole night.

Wah Wah presets? Oy vay... :facepalm

And no, Christopher Guest never saw this video...... :LOL:

Last edited:
Back