Is there anything inside the Quad Cortex that they didn't steal from someone else?

And another QC thread to the Inferno!

Party Dancing GIF by Florida Georgia Line

Okay, if reverse delay is a deal breaker. By all means don't get one. Like I said,
I did buy one. I sold it.

Your OP was utterly idiotic and basically amunted to "Hey Let's all talk sh*t about this device".
No it wasn't, and no it doesn't. Just because you say so, doesn't make it necessarily fuckin' so.

I can't think of too many devices in tech that are not an amalgamation of what came before them. It is hardly some kind of requirement that a device be wholly original to be a useful piece of technology. In fact, aggregating the best ideas that came before you is a critical function in marketplace.
There's a difference between being inspired by something else on the market, and outright lifting. Neural aren't quite as bad as Behringer, but they've definitely straight up lifted parts of their design from Helix, and one of the core features - and for a LOT of people, the only reason they bought a QC - is extremely inspired by the Kemper.

My TV's feature set is largely the same as any other but the features, functions, form factor, etc worked for me. It didn't have to be different or the most special unit on the market it needed to wrk for my application and environment. As markets for technology mature they converge on feature sets, defacto standards, and UIs, etc.
So what? How does that relate to Neural potentially lifting colour schemes, workflow, and iconography?

It is like smartphones where after four or five years into that revolution, a lot of dim-witted analysts were like where's the innovation? Like they expected every single product to have the features of the other but at the same time appear to be completely different.
And yet there continues to be revolution and innovation in that area to this day. So what's your point exactly?

So it basically makes the opening salvo in this thread at best a gross misunderstanding of how technology markets progress and develop and at worst, disingenuous asshattery.
Being someone who has worked in music tech for the last 18 years of my life, and has had a hand in designing quite a few software products and now also hardware products, I'll take my experience over your teledildonic enthusiam.

What I love is how it is perfectly fine for the entire internet to go balls deep on Behringer for their ... ahem.... "inspiration" .... but do the same thing - or really, not even the same thing... make some MILD fucking jokes at their expense! - about a company who is provably failing to deliver advertised features that they used to hook and reel people into the platform as it launched ..... and all of a sudden you're an idiot and a dimwit.

JAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJA as the Mexican might say.

Sad Gordon Ramsay GIF by Hell's Kitchen

but they've definitely straight up lifted parts of their design from Helix,

Not really. As far as the signal path display goes, that's just a logical thing and could already be found before on rather ancient units (Boss GTs, even on TC's G-Force). The big screen allowed for a more detailed signal path display, that's pretty much all.
And as far as the icons go, well they're all absolutely smartphone-ish anyway, so Line 6 "lifted" almost as much.

and one of the core features - and for a LOT of people, the only reason they bought a QC - is extremely inspired by the Kemper.

Sure. And why not? It's just the most common thing ever. And in the case of NDSP, they at least vastly improved on the capturing.

Similar things go for the other things in your OP.

Think about it this way: Would you've ever even thought about opening a thread like this in case all was fine and dandy in QC land? What if they absolutely lived up to their pre-launch promises or even kept adding more? I'm sure you'd never complain about them "lifting" certain things but call it evolution instead - which it actually is.

Think about it this way: Would you've ever even thought about opening a thread like this in case all was fine and dandy in QC land? What if they absolutely lived up to their pre-launch promises or even kept adding more? I'm sure you'd never complain about them "lifting" certain things but call it evolution instead - which it actually is.
No I wouldn't have, because there wouldn't have been any point in making those jokes.

I think it's pretty easy to see who got the fact that I was taking the piss, and who decided to take the thread seriously and get offended on Neural's behalf. They'd be better off hanging out at the true echochamber place known as TGP I suppose.

And actually, there was a lot of decent discussion that came out of it, up until these last two pages when @Elric decided to be a dick muncher.

Back